my controller box

just tested the mini trees with it... no luck getting them to work. first led is really dull green and the rest do not light up :( this is using the latest firmware for the pixlite 1.4.9 i think

lizardking

IT IS STILL ALL BENS FAULT
connect your trees to the controller connect controller to pc and run DA Share e131 test software and try that to make sure the controller is outputting now if you have just updated the firmware make sure you have downloaded the latest software also 2.3.2
if no luck how long is the wiring to the first pixels and is it just the first pixel that is lighting dimmly or is it the 1st pixel on each tree
the next thing is to make sure that if you are using 12v pixels you have 12v going to the pixels check with a multimeter
if need be adjust the voltage up or down to at least 12.05 v

i13

Dedicated elf
This probably isn't what you mean but it is bad practice to compensate for voltage drop by increasing the supply voltage. The reason for this is the voltage drop depends on the number of LEDs that are lit up. When your pixels are powered but off they'll therefore receive a voltage that's too high.

lizardking

i13 said:
This probably isn't what you mean but it is bad practice to compensate for voltage drop by increasing the supply voltage. The reason for this is the voltage drop depends on the number of LEDs that are lit up. When your pixels are powered but off they'll therefore receive a voltage that's too high.
i didnt mention voltage drop what i said was to make sure you have atleast 12v at the pixels after the controller and all the other wiring and fuses . Sometimes 1 bad wire or a bad connection will give you bad voltage

should i raise a support ticket with advatek? i know it isnt a power issue, as everything measures correct as 12v...

i even tried my original method of supply direct to the pixlite without fusing, still no blinky with test or da share e131...

was all working before i did the firmware change... even rolled back to 1.4.7 which my pixlite came with...

#1mate

364 Days building 1 night admiring.
Try the boot loader function should cycle lights from controller. Be able to tell if no comm's is going to lights

#1mate

364 Days building 1 night admiring.
Do you have the correct LED type in advatech assistant I know when I changed my firm ware it also changed the led type as well.

i have noticed something weird....

i have a small ws2811 tester and my mini pixel trees do the same thing on that as the pixlite (first led dull green, the rest blank)

the tester works with another rgb string i have http://www.aliexpress.com/item/100pcs-DC12V-12mm-WS2811-led-smart-pixel-node-with-all-black-wire-20AWG-IP68-rated/1932863171.html

when i plug those lights in to the pixlite, the first 50 light up, normal (then i change the length of string in the assistant to 100, and the fuse for the channel blows)

any ideas on what may be going on?

i13

Dedicated elf
I might have missed it but how long is the wire carrying the data to the trees? As lizardking(adam) asked, is it the first LED on every tree that lights up or just the one on the first tree? I might have added it up wrongly but I thought you'd added up the voltage drop between the power supply and controller; you need to include the voltage drop that happens between the controller and pixels too.

If the fuse is blowing with a pixel string that works with the tester, connect it up with the tester and check the current draw. What value fuse did you have that blew? Did you ensure that the positive and negative wires at the far end of the string didn't touch together by mistake?

lizardking

heathwithnoteeth said:
i have noticed something weird....

i have a small ws2811 tester and my mini pixel trees do the same thing on that as the pixlite (first led dull green, the rest blank)

the tester works with another rgb string i have http://www.aliexpress.com/item/100pcs-DC12V-12mm-WS2811-led-smart-pixel-node-with-all-black-wire-20AWG-IP68-rated/1932863171.html

when i plug those lights in to the pixlite, the first 50 light up, normal (then i change the length of string in the assistant to 100, and the fuse for the channel blows)

any ideas on what may be going on?
ok if 2 controllers are having the same outcome 1 pixlite and 1 ray wu $2.50 tester its not the controller there is a wiring or pixel issue do you have all the strings facing the same way > arrow going away from controller as i13 has said you havent crossed any connections which would cause fuses to blow go back to the beginning and check every connection from the point that you are having trouble , ie. if the first strip works check everything after the first strip

i have i tree hooked up to 1 output on there own (50cm pigtail) no extension cables yet
problem is.... all of the pixel trees were working fine last week... now they dont...

JPB

Full time elf
Do you have a couple of spare pixels that you can put directly on your controller and power feed from the controller? This will help eliminate power feeds and other connection issues.
When you get to this point you need to forget everything and test each part slowly and individually