my controller box

i13

Dedicated elf
Are you powering the PixLite and then plugging the lights in or are you plugging the lights in before you power the PixLite up?

If you've been plugging the lights in while the PixLite is already powered up, you may have broken the nearest pixel to the PixLite. This is a known fault with 2811 pixels. This can stop all pixels after it from working until you replace the dud one. Are there any other points you could try connecting the PixLite? For example can you take out the first tree and try running the second one from the PixLite?

i first tried it before powering up the pixlite, still gave the dull green first pixel. then i tried 'hot plugging' them.
I have each tree on a different output from the pixlite, not chained after each other. as there are 16 outputs and i dont have over 16 elements in my display this year.

will do a few simple tests tomorrow night, with single pixels.

colour me confused...

i can get most of my lights (2 x 5m ws2811 strips, 20 rectangular ws2811 modules, 2 x 100 pixel ws2811 strings and 2 of my 3 mini trees (approx 50 pixels each) to work with the cheapie ws2811 test controller... but all i can get out of the pixlite is SOLID WHITE.... any idea what may be going on?

1 of my mini trees is operating verrrrry glitchy.. but i can live with that (will put it in a different section)

i am out of ideas...

mystery continues... i was on firmware 1.4.9, downgraded to 1.4.7 to see if the problem was the same... yep still persisted... then re-updated to 1.4.9... bam lights now working...

odd behaviour .... but im happy and can sleep again

i13

Dedicated elf
Maybe the speed setting on the PixLite was on the slow setting. From memory lizardking(adam) had his pixels get stuck on when he tried this setting while trying to solve a different issue.

Still I don't think this is the default setting.

my problems so far...

SOLVED
cabling up my mini trees was a bit of a problem... Data/Earth needed to be swapped going into them, right way around going out of them.
for some reason FAST setting on the advatek assistant caused all LEDs to go full white
Extension Cables sorted.. can do 20m without any visible deterioration (that surprised me)
Now all working with XLights testing

now waiting on a Ray Wu order (yes wifey added even more....) which he said was being sent 2 days after i ordered, but he is now ignoring messages :(

Well time to build my 2016 enclosure. I have laid out a few configurations.

Will be mounted in a rittal 600x600 enclosure.

Any opinions before i start wiring/mounting power supplies etc...

OPTION 1

gEsgwGY.jpg

OPTION 2

xhASxLE.jpg

OPTION 3

UBtTAgf.jpg

Any opinions greatly appreciated.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
What are the blue and black boxes on the mains input?