My First Attempt at Anything.... Mediocre Tree :/

mangoat

Full time elf
night time pic

IMAG0416_zpso4wgliq3.jpg

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Looks like it's working fine to me. The aura sort of looks like the tree is performing an exorcism though.

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Tree looks sensational mate, Your efforts on the framework will ensure that all your pixels are lined up to perfection and it doesn't look like it's going to fall over with the first breeze it encounters.

mangoat

Full time elf
Ok. All 100% working as of this morning. Last dead universe was a dead pixel first in the string. Cut it out and put in a spare. All sweet now. Can't believe it after such a horror thought last Monday. No casualties as a result of a massive fault. Thanks for everyone's assistance. Couldnt have got this far without the help from this community.

Will take my proper camera put tonight and get a video for you to all see. Might hopefully have vixen working by tonight. Yay for something other than a test signal.

mborg10

Michael Borg
I haven't tried it for recording, but if you have a camera where you can adjust the exposure, turn it right down and film your lights at dusk not dark that way no glare

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
So is your wife still thinking you are having a hassle free time with the lights or did you fess up earlier about the potential losses. Good to hear it was only minor issues and all's well in the end.

There's a lot of work in what you've done. Looks great.

mangoat

Full time elf
yeah well........about the hassle free facade i was leading on.....

my cover got blown when i was tearing off heatshrink, and out came the multimeter, test lights, extra pig tail with bare wires and the test phase started.....

but she was ok, she asked what i was doing, i just said things werent working as they should, but it took me a bit to admit that i was in a panic as to how much i lost... lol

its ok, all is well

thanks for the positive feedback people.

mangoat

Full time elf
penguineer said:
....mediocre.......

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. " :D

Nice work!

Cheers!

mediocreˌmiːdɪˈəʊkə/adjectiveadjective: mediocreof only average quality; not very good.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
penguineer said:
....mediocre.......

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. " :D

Nice work!

Cheers!

That seems like a Princess Bride quote.
im.jpg