Build guide My Leaping Arch build with LDPE air seeder tube

BazzaV

New elf
They do deliver but you will need to call them for a quote. As a guide, delivery to Yass was $44 in March 2021.

Freman

Uh Oh Elf
Generous elf
They do deliver but you will need to call them for a quote. As a guide, delivery to Yass was $44 in March 2021.
Whelp, in march of 2022, it's $130, I'll have to have a look around locally

Iain

Full time elf
Just an add in I have found that an Ally strip 3mm X 10mm is great to stick the LED strip to.
Sorry but what’s Ally strip? Have you got a link? I’m looking at starting my air seeder arches soon. Thanks :)

Freman

Uh Oh Elf
Generous elf
I don't know if anyone is building one of these at the moment but I've just started and I've designed up a mounting plate that can be 3d printed.
It's meant to be pinned to the ground (tent pegs will probably do?) and I intend to use rope or wire between each plate to keep the arch at 1.5ish meters.

brando

Full time elf
Just built 6 - 3 small, 3 larger for double arches. Feet are 32mm inspection tee’s and will use saddles to anchor.
First lot I used al flat but the second lot I had a heap of threaded rod so used that

DarkwinX

Full time elf
Been looking at possible builds on here for this year. Re-did the pricing for 2023 and its roughly a 110% increase in cost... inflation eh.

Couldn't find the pipe head clips on eBay - closest thing I could find with a price listed was from Reece which was more than double the cost.

Attachments

• arch costs-2023.xlsx
    17.3 KB · Views: 25

someoneAUS

Apprentice elf
Generous elf
Biggest increase you have there is the airseeder hose. I picked mine up from Hoseco for $133 for 30m might change things a bit.

DarkwinX

Full time elf
Biggest increase you have there is the airseeder hose. I picked mine up from Hoseco for $133 for 30m might change things a bit.
Yeah that was the biggest increase but everyone seems to know how expensive that stuff is haha!

thewanderingpine

Full time elf
how many arches are you making? I might have some spare tube you can have for whatever I paid for it. (It's HDPE hula hoop, not air seeder - but works well)

DarkwinX

Full time elf
how many arches are you making? I might have some spare tube you can have for whatever I paid for it. (It's HDPE hula hoop, not air seeder - but works well)
I need to cover roughly 12m of garden border - I've just paced it out for now.
How wide are the hoops?

Last edited:

JasonP

New elf
Is there a reason it seems the common air seeder tube to use is the 32mm ID rather than the 25mm ID? For strip, is the 25mm sufficient or the thicker stuff still preferable?

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
It depends on the look you're going for. Some people like the fatter look as you get more light dispersion inside the tube, and less "pinpoints" so to speak.

I used the 25mm ID tube as I preferred the thinner look myself.
Both slide nicely over their respective 25/32mm OD electrical conduit when making mounts.