My new Mini Mega

jediknight2

Full time elf
Last year I threw together a 4 foot PVC tree and all lit up it looked OK. I wasn't happy with the animation on it though. I ran the lights in three pie sections and I just wasn't happy with it really. This year I bought the stuff to do what is a 12' tree. Not as expensive as I thought, total was around 120 bucks without lights. I used two sections of black pipe, one 10' the other 4'. I then took a 2 foot section of 2" PVC and washed it into the ground for something to place the pipe in. Turned out nicely I think!

Attachments

• IMAG0339.jpg
    IMAG0339.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 125

jediknight2

Full time elf
LOL..lights going up on it tomorrow most likely. Finishing outlining the roof first. The wife will be back on Saturday and help me finish putting wreaths and garland up.....sequencing is...ON GOING... :D

jediknight2

Full time elf
GE 50ct LED's...Using one string up then one string back down. For my tree it worked out PERFECTLY with the height, diameter and string length. Don't know if I can get a star up there though...might set the wife off...don't have the channel to control it anyway!...last year on my PVC tree I just plugged it into the light sign that is on a timer...I only had 6 channels total to devote to a tree this year as I spent a lot of money on RGB's and getting those set up. I put 3 to color and 3 to white. It is strung so that four strings on one side and 4 strings 180 from it are on one channel. The only way I could simulate a spinning tree this year...next year plan on having some renards or something...LOR is too expensive per channel now for the channels I am gobbling up. I would like to make it RGB...but that would be an expensive tree...about 500 bucks just for the pixels...