New and confused with ECG-P12S

packen

New elf
Been using LOR controllers for the last two years but think I'm ready to go to pixels. I just got my ECG-P12s controller and I have one string of 50 WS2811 pixels. I have configured the controller with its own network but when I try to run the test pattern nothing happens. the board lights up but the pixels stay off. What am I missing?
I used the set up video from this forum for the ECG-P12r because I can't find anything on the P12s board.
Anybody have any ideas? I dont know what else to try.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Are you connecting the correct end of the string to the controller

what is the voltage of the pixels, 5v or 12v

Have you connected power to the correct input bank on the controller are the fuses OK

You can try downloading the P12R manual which is somewhat similar to the P12s in many ways to ensure you have connected up and configured correctly

http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php?topic=2232.0

packen

New elf
I will try to get the screenshot up soon.

The pixel string is 5v and the power supply is also at 5v. Jumper on the board is set for 5v and the power is connected to the correct side. I have also downloaded the manual for the P12r and been using it for the set up. I also have the dip switch set correctly for the test pattern. The one thing I'm not sure of is if I'm hooked up to the correct end of the pixel string. How do I know which end to hook to the controller?

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Did the pixels come with a plug of some sorts if it did then normally the end that had the male pins will be the input side
If it has no plugs and you are unsure which end is the input then just try it the other way around as it should not cause damage

packen

New elf
I will give it a try.
The speed on my configure page is at 3500 for each string.

Thanks for your help.

packen

New elf
............I got it...... lights were wired backwards.......

Thank you all for your fast help. I'm sure you will hear more from me soon.

mborg10

Michael Borg
packen said:
............I got it...... lights were wired backwards.......

Thank you all for your fast help. I'm sure you will hear more from me soon.
The old switcharoo. Not as good as the old turn it off and on but still works fine.

Good to see its working.

mangoat

Full time elf
almost as good as my "reverse polarity the plugs on my strings" trick, 30amps of pixels shut down the power supplies, all good, till i start unplugging them and then smoke poors out of the last one... :p

p12s was strong as an ox and didnt fail thought, which was great.