New Corflute Christmas Presents for 2017

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Very tempting - but I think I'll hold off until next year (haven't even had my own coro presents in a display yet!)

Steve22537

Full time elf
FMT, I would love a set that way the wife gets what she wants and I can carry on building mega tree and stars.
Thanks
Steve

videoman3857

Full time elf
Would you be interested doing this after this blinky season ?
I am way too busy trying to get my stuff done - and failing miserably due to other home projects which my wife says
"Have priority" . What ! Blinky things always have priority in my book.

fmt1962

New elf
No problems, next year would be good, I have limited time too and don't know when I can do them, as I said, more a favour than anything, I will try hard to make time to do some up, but will not have time to do many and I many only be able to do one or two sets, I have a display to set up too!!!!!

By the way, the only reason I added any allowance for my time to the cost was because I no longer have a wage income and I now work for myself and any time I take to make these is taken away from my potential work time. Last year I would not have added a cent, but now it will cost me out of pocket to do them. Just so you know I am not trying to make money, just covering real costs.... :)

Last edited:

videoman3857

Full time elf
No problems, next year would be good, I have limited time too and don't know when I can do them, as I said, more a favour than anything, I will try hard to make time to do some up, but will not have time to do many and I many only be able to do one or two sets, I have a display to set up too!!!!!

By the way, the only reason I added any allowance for my time to the cost was because I no longer have a wage income and I now work for myself and any time I take to make these is taken away from my potential work time. Last year I would not have added a cent, but now it will cost me out of pocket to do them. Just so you know I am not trying to make money, just covering real costs.... :)

I am sure none of us here expect you to do this for nothing. I know sure as eggs I wouldn't expect you to.
Personally for the time, set up and getting the sheets of corro, I don't think $ 30 covers it - especially when it takes away from your potential work time (been there, done that. )
I'll contact you next year when we all have time to breathe again.
Thanks again

fmt1962

New elf
Another year over.... As I feared I had no time to complete more boxes before xmas, too much work, not enough time.

I am going to start on next years projects, straight away, not wait until later this year, so I will be asking for some help and ideas on some new projects over the coming weeks..

I am happy to make some more sets of these boxes, and I would love some other people to have a look and see if they have some good ideas to really light these babies up.

I will post some pics of my current wiring etc, but I plan to upgrade this anyway as I found I really wanted more power in the lights, the corflute needs some brighter lights inside to compete with the rest of the display, so I will be doing some testing and would love some other members to run up some ideas and offer some suggestions... so I will be looking for a few testers please.

I will post something in a couple of weeks when I start my projects again, then will be really happy to send a few sets out for some testing and R&D.

fmt1962

New elf
Hi all,
Thanks for all the inquiries for wanting some of these boxes to test and try out......

I have a little bit of catch up work to do around the house for a couple of weeks, and with luck I will be able to get around to making a few sets soon. So be patient, a few more weeks and I will let you know.

Again, thanks for all the responses. As I indicated previously, I would love some ideas on the best way to get effective lighting, so I look forward to a few testers and some suggestions...... :)

Regards to all,
Daryl