3.x New Features and Effects coming to Vixen

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
Easier to add a video to show you what's coming to Vixen.

Video shows a couple of the new big features and three new effects. There has been a significant amount of work done to Vixen since Christmas, many behind the scenes and many small enhancements and bug fixes. The video is just to show a couple of these.

The inlinecurves and inlinegradient will make a massive difference in your effects as the effect can now change over time based on the curve with complete editing in the effect editor and no need to open the curve or gradient forms.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vrok7b9v7l1xx0h/New Features.mp4?dl=0

New Vixen 3.4 will be release around Jul/Aug.

battle79

Full time elf
New location positioning might mean I can continue happily with Vixen. Was wondering if I would be able to stick with it this year.
This new functionality also looks amazing for the options it gives you.

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
For the guys that are waiting for the next Vixen release I just wanted to let you know that Vixen 3.4 was delayed slightly, however we are now in the final phases and there will be a couple of weeks of testing. Release will be before the end of month.

As previously stated there have been some great addition including:
- Converting many of the standard Effect sliders to Curves. This provides a curve over the time of the effect enabling variable values that significantly enhances the features of all the effects.
- InlineCurve Editor - Curves can now be changed directly in the effect editor window with options to hold shift and drag the curve to flatten, ctlr click to add curve point, alt click to remove curve point and Invert and Inverse curve using shift+ctrl or shift+alt.
- Same enhancement to the inlinecurve are also available in the curve editor form.
- Inlinegradient Editor - click just under the gradient to add gradient points and click points to drag.
- Three new effects including, Border, Balls and Circles.
- Bulk Export - Enhances the current sequence export so you can do multiple sequences at once.
- Find effects form - Allows you to select an effect and it will locate and display all those effects within the sequence, click the effect time to navigate and select the effect. Good for finding the old Nutcracker effects that you should change over.
- Added undo/redo for marks.
- Shift+Spacebar to directly add marks while sequence is playing.
- A heap of minor improvements.
- Dramatically Improve the speed of the Effects to marks.
- Other performance boosts.
- Many bug fixes.

A detailed change log will be posted on release.

Kitman

Full time elf
I have been playing with the dev builds for this years sequences and I must say I am impressed with the changes that have been made, really looking forward to the final release. Not sure if it's just because I am using the dev build that is giving me some small problems with my sequence, it's not rendering all of my effects properly on the one song so lets see how it goes when the full version comes out.

Also been learning c# programming so I can try and be helpful with the application and look at some improvements to creating custom models but getting my head around c# is proving difficult lol.

Great work and keep it up.

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
I have been playing with the dev builds for this years sequences and I must say I am impressed with the changes that have been made, really looking forward to the final release. Not sure if it's just because I am using the dev build that is giving me some small problems with my sequence, it's not rendering all of my effects properly on the one song so lets see how it goes when the full version comes out.

Also been learning c# programming so I can try and be helpful with the application and look at some improvements to creating custom models but getting my head around c# is proving difficult lol.

Great work and keep it up.

The dev builds shouldn't really be used to sequence your show and should only be used for testing as we may change things from build to build that could stop the sequence from working. We have made a lot of changes since 3.3u2 specifically related to effects.

On saying this, we do welcome all feedback and if you are having issues with the builds then we defiantly need to know about it. Initially could you tell me what effects are not rendering, what build and exactly what's happening. If you have added an effect in one build then updated to a newer build you may need to remove the effect and re-add it. This will not be an issue for someone going from the latest release 3.3u2 to release 3.4.

As for developers, we welcome anyone that would like to contribute, we have had some guys come in just to do a couple of things they wanted and then leave and that's fine. Although the lead developer will need to approve any changes you want to do.

Lastly Custom models is already well in the making, although it will not make it to 3.4, maybe one of the updates before Christmas.