New Member Hello

ianwoodau

New elf
Hi all
Based in Mosman (Sydney) my neighbour and i were drinking in the local pub 3 years ago and decided it would be fun to decorate our semi detached houses together. The fist year was fairly sane with rope lights etc (lots and lots of it) then i found out about light o rama and things started to get out of hand. A bit of trial and error got us up and running using 8 of our 32 channels available. Substantial investment in this and a coulple of Kms of commercial grade LED string lighting from a firend who runs a xmas lighting store stopped things getting too warm :) A local company gave us the sonus equipment to drive the sound wireless which was great. We won the local xmas lighting competition ran by the new paper last year.
My neighbour has his own building company and erects the lights across the roof and i manage the electrical / computer side of life (pure guess work but i got there) I have managed to download and manipulate numerous lors sequence files to suit our setup but am sure i could do it a lot better hence i am interested in hearing from anybody who is skilled in light o rama equipment etc.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, great to see another from NSW, feel free to ask questions theres lots to learn and the guys here are very helpful.

JonB256

Full time elf
You mention large amounts of LEDs and LOR controllers. Look around on the LightORama board for discussion about "snubbers."

They add some much needed stability to LOR channels that have long strands of LEDs.

(all a snubber really is a resistor. Some people just use an old Glade Plug-in air freshner)

oh, and Welcome!

kel

Dedicated elf
18.gif

to

ACL

lytnin

Full time elf
Hi Ian and welcome,

Did you see the topic regarding the Sydney Mini for 2011. I know it's very short notice as it's this weekend. If you were available and looking for something to do, you would be very welcome. It would be awesome if you could make it.

Cheers
Dave