New P12S controller not connecting via web browser

petcon

New elf
The IP is correct. I believe the web app is missing on the P12S so the update should resolve the issue. I'll wait for the update and see what happens.
I'm very anxious to start testing and prepare for this years display.

hdracer

There is no rehab for the CLAP
Yes you are needing proper firmware update. Ed was finishing up on it the other day and has stated that he found the issue with it and intends to get it out beginning this week coming.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
One thing to try is to disable any virus protection as this can stop access to the web interface in some situations in my experience as this happened to me last year using P12R a P2 and a E680, seemed like the virus protection wasnt liking me direct connecting to any controllers. I shut it down and never had any issues connecting, so if you havent tried that yet then i would give that a go.

kane

Dedicated elf
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:
One thing to try is to disable any virus protection as this can stop access to the web interface in some situations in my experience as this happened to me last year using P12R a P2 and a E680, seemed like the virus protection wasnt liking me direct connecting to any controllers. I shut it down and never had any issues connecting, so if you havent tried that yet then i would give that a go.
I think they've worked out that the firmware on his p12s does not have the webserver functionality enabled yet.. But in any case, if a virus protection package prevented you from performing outbound HTTP connections to your local network then I'd be uninstalling that virus protection very quickly. There's no reason that is should prevent outbound connections like that, at least without warning you first..

robertt

New elf
Kane said:
But in any case, if a virus protection package prevented you from performing outbound HTTP connections to your local network then I'd be uninstalling that virus protection very quickly. There's no reason that is should prevent outbound connections like that, at least without warning you first..

AVG was not blocking outbound connections but it TOTALY messed up the config screens on my P12r and P2 last year.... (win7/64bit)

Greetings, Robert