New Release 4738_19737

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
from http://www.lightshowpro.com/lightshow-change-log/3466-new-release-4738_19737-a.html

The management of LSPro, in coordination with the QCC, the Beta-testing Team and the LSPro programming team, are pleased to offer this new fix-release to V2.5. This is a minor change to the software. We strongly advise making sure you have all of your files backed up to include the install files for the last public release numbered 2.5.4720.315 or earlier to insure you can return to your current state in the event of any undiscovered issues with this release. Below please find a list of the fixes/improvements made.

• Adds ability to zone E1.31 controllers to improve output performance
    • With this you can split your e1.31 into zones to achieve better performance
  • Performance improvements to Pixelnet and DMX Pro plugins
  • Adds pop-up dialog if sequence has been scheduled before to re-use existing optimized commands
    • Since the Optimized format has changed you should be forced to re-optimize the first time thru.
  • Fixed Minleon export
  • Changed scheduler optimized command file format.
    • You will need to rebuild your show(s) as a result of this.
  • Other scheduler stability and performance improvements
  • Added a command buffer size in the scheduler setting. You can adjust this size to achieve better performance
    • The command buffer size was mainly for testing purposes, but it left it in there to allow users to be able tweak and use. The default value is 100000 which is what was hard coded before. This number basically represents the maximum amount of commands at a time that will be buffered from the disk for playback. Smaller shows will probably never even hit this number, so this is mainly for the larger shows. However, if you raise this number it could cause negative issues as now you start to use more memory. You can change it during your show and it will take effect at the beginning of playback for each sequence in your show.

Link - http://www.lightshowpro.com/updates/...4738_19737.exe

We thank you for your patience as we continue to improve LSPro and hope these fixes will make your holiday lighting experience more enjoyable.

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
Not sure if it was just me, but with this new version, i had no output come through in scheduler. In sequencer using output light, it worked, but nudda in scheduler.

Had to downgrade for the show tonight.

carefull.

burner

Full time elf
I think you hav to delete the old schedules and recreate them from scratch again. This will reoptimize the sequences using the updated code

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
well, i will try reinstalling the newer version and then re-schedule all the sequencers again for tonights show.

As for the hardware, I checked the config for those and they were fine.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
Matt said:
  • Since the Optimized format has changed you should be forced to re-optimize the first time thru.
  • Changed scheduler optimized command file format.
    • You will need to rebuild your show(s) as a result of this.

Could that be your issue?

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
Yes Dave, that was exactly my issue, Tonight/earlier today, and minus any intoxicating substances, I reinstalled the newest version, re-made my show and can I tell you all, that my display has never looked better. Sure none of the punters watching would have noticed a difference, but for me, slaving hours over sequencing the show, definately did.

No twinkle or shimmer still, but I dont use it that much anyway.

Thank you to LSP crew, QCC and Minleon. ROCK ON for Christmas.