New T type splitter

Habbosrus

Back again
Last week I asked Ray if he could supply a different type of T splitter.

The idea I had was
- a 3 core splitter on the male and female ends with the middle connection having 4 core.
The idea is to have the male end (3 core) - Power, Ground, Data In
The female end (3core) would have - Power, Ground, Data Out
The middle or T (4 core) would have - Power, Ground, Data In, Data Out
I was thinking of different ways to make pixicles and some other elements and thought this idea might suit a lot of different applications.
Ray emailed me last night and said he was having these produced and would list them on his site.

Attachments

• T Type Splitter - Power, Ground, Data In, Data Out.jpg
    T Type Splitter - Power, Ground, Data In, Data Out.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 156

AussieDoug

Full time elf
Well that is a dandy idea, get someone else to do the hard yards for us. +1 for this

Habbosrus

Back again
Looking at your pixicles is what gave me the idea Shell. As a side note, I believe there will also soon be a new flex strip that has a data return line on it too. Instead of 3 connections there will be 4. Pixicles was the idea behind this strip too.

AussieDoug

Full time elf
Habbosrus said:
Looking at your pixicles is what gave me the idea Shell. As a side note, I believe there will also soon be a new flex strip that has a data return line on it too. Instead of 3 connections there will be 4. Pixicles was the idea behind this strip too.

3 different lengths?

Habbosrus

Back again
The strip will be the same as the other strips and can be cut to required lengths. The data return line will run the full length of the strip. As far as I know it will be based on ws2811 or ws2812b. The data line will branch from each pixel and return to the end of the strip (or at each cut point).

mborg10

Michael Borg
I spoke to ray months ago about a similar t splitter. 3 pin male and female with a 2 pin in the centre for power injection. His response was exactly the same. And that he will list them on his site tomorrow. Well he never listed them. I sent an email to him yesterday with my first order and asking for 30 of these t pieces so we will see what he comes back with.

Habbosrus

Back again
I have followed up with Ray on these recently and he has emailed me overnight to give an update. He suggested cost is $2 each and will be up on his site soon. He will send the link once it's on and I will post here.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Hab,
Looking forward to seeing these T splitters and the new flex strip you mentioned above to appear. Would love to make pixicles but the idea of all that cutting and soldering etc that I see other people have cleverly done puts me off...... Having a much simpler premade solution suddenly makes the pixicles attractive again. Thanks for getting this concept into reality.

Habbosrus

Back again
logandc99 said:
Hab,
Looking forward to seeing these T splitters and the new flex strip you mentioned above to appear. Would love to make pixicles but the idea of all that cutting and soldering etc that I see other people have cleverly done puts me off...... Having a much simpler premade solution suddenly makes the pixicles attractive again. Thanks for getting this concept into reality.
Haha. I got impatient and made my own version of pixicles and yes, there was a hell of a lot of cutting, soldering, siliconing........... But I'm loving every minute of my new hobby.
The flex strip concept is proving a little more difficult from what I can gather. Ray hasn't been as forthcoming with information on the strip as he has with the splitters. Although in saying that, he has indicated he will have it available "soon"

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Ok, so my soldering station that's currently winging its way from China may end up getting a lot more use than I planned then :)

Ɠαяєтн

Mae gen i C.L.A.P ei heintus iawn
Hi All, I spoke with Ray last night. He informed me that he has placed a link on his site but it isn't working, ::).

He says they will be available in black or white, 13.5mm & 15mm with 0.5mm2 or 0.75mm2 cable. So I think all options covered.

This is the drawing I sent Ray.

Attachments

• Pixel Connector Diagram.pdf
    39.9 KB · Views: 47

Habbosrus

Back again
logandc99 said:
Ok, so my soldering station that's currently winging its way from China may end up getting a lot more use than I planned then :)
Yep, if you're going to make your own pixicles, your soldering iron will get a work out. I made 95 pixicles using 30led/m and 10ic. Each is only 500mm or 5 pixels. In testing they still look pretty cool. I used this strip because my budget was/is limited. But I'm working again now, so plans are ramping up again. This CLAP thing really does get under your skin, doesn't it :D :D :eek:
I thought these splitters would make it much easier to connect pixicles (amongst other things). I'm now thingking of another element to my display that would make these splitters very easy to use. Will have to see how the $$ go.