New to Falcon Player v1.5

scamper

Dedicated elf
Madko said:
Cheers

I plugged in my Dongle and powered up. I can seem to find where the IP address for my Pi is.
How do I find the IP address of my Pi, providing the dongle is a Plug and Play!!

Plug in headphones or speakers to the Pi. As you power it up it actually reads out the ip address for you.
I set mine to static after I turned it on the first time so that even if I went from one network to another it would always be the same.

Madko

Full time elf
Ok. Tried this and that side worked. Heard an IP address. Went into my browser and typed in that IP address but nothing came up. Clicked on the URL hyperlink http://fpp/ and still nothing came up.

Am I doing something wrong?

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Is the IP range in 1 that is accessible from your computer?
If it announce 192.168.blah.blah and your computer is on 10.0.blah.blah then you'll need to change your computer to 192.***, log into fpp and then change it to 10.***, change your computer IP back to 10.***

Madko

Full time elf
Just checked it now. My computer is set at 192.168.#.# and my Pi is set at 192.168.#.#
Still when I type the IP address of the PI into web browser I don't get anything.

Im on my laptop which is wirelessly connected to modem which the PI is wirelessly connected to also.

any ideas?

Cheers

Madko

Full time elf
Correction to my last post. The PI was set to 10.10.10.0.
Also further testing revealed I wasn't getting a wifi connection and through no IP address to connect to. This I found out by connection via Ethernet and establishing an IP address through computer etc etc.
So I have ordered another wifi dongle that PI works with.

Waiting for delivery!

So far thanks to everyone who has helped so far!

Cheers

scamper

Dedicated elf
Yeah, I found that the hard way.... sometimes it is better to pay the extra to get a "known good" item, whether it be Pi or DMX related