New Zealand xLights users

euanandrews

New elf
To all New Zealand xLights users, we have created a new Facebook group to meet local xLight users.

If you use xLights and are from New Zealand, please come join our group.

Cheers

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Can I ask why a specific NZ Xlights page is required? Xlights is software that is used globally and to the best of my knowledge is no different regardless of the country it is used in. The info on the Official Xlights Facebook page or within the ACL Facebook and forum pages would surely suffice?

euanandrews

New elf
Can I ask why a specific NZ Xlights page is required? Xlights is software that is used globally and to the best of my knowledge is no different regardless of the country it is used in. The info on the Official Xlights Facebook page or within the ACL Facebook and forum pages would surely suffice?
Why not?
Just making a group for Kiwis.
ACL is a great resource, but it's Aus...
The official xLights pages and Facebook groups are great resources, but they are global...
This Facebook group is for Kiwis, so it's easy to find each other, find and look at local displays, and to discuss getting items in New Zealand, how and where to source stuff locally or the cheapest way to source from overseas.
If we want general knowledge, either ACL or xLights groups are best .. But if we want to know what tubing available at the local Mitre 10 is best for leaping arches, then that's a topic best answered by New Zealanders.

chris3453

New elf
I am currently trying to hunt down some tubing for arches / rope light path sort of thing. Have purchased from Pex-B from bunnings (special order hell ) 12 week delay and also some tubing from NZ safety backwoods. I need to test it now I am bringing the display down. Hopefully get some decent results. Also thinking about frosting some PVC vinyl tubing from bunnings. Sourcing pipe in NZ seems to be generally difficult - HDPE seems especially hard in white anyway.

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
I am currently trying to hunt down some tubing for arches / rope light path sort of thing. Have purchased from Pex-B from bunnings (special order hell ) 12 week delay and also some tubing from NZ safety backwoods. I need to test it now I am bringing the display down. Hopefully get some decent results. Also thinking about frosting some PVC vinyl tubing from bunnings. Sourcing pipe in NZ seems to be generally difficult - HDPE seems especially hard in white anyway.
On that Facebook group Euan has posted about a supplier in NZ of HDPE tubing :).

Alexisb

New elf
Ah OK, so it's an NZ lighting page, not xlights specific.
Just like the global XLights page is a place for people to come together. NZ faces some real challenges with supply and support, even more so than Aus, we can’t get half the stuff you need locally, so having people that can talk Nz specific challenges is good.