New Zealand

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Definitely spend most time in Hamilton. Then Twizel in the South and who could forget Greytown. [emoji33]

multicast

Senior elf
ShellNZ said:
The whole of NZ is a beautiful country, compare it with many other countries out there in the world Andrew.

Obviously you don't get out of Porirua/Wellington much, the rest of NZ thanks you for that :)

It is, but the south island compared to the North Island is like comparing mcdonalds to fine dining. And, i spend about 40% of my life outside of Wellington / Porirua, so, think i know something about the place.

Seriously, fly into CHC, get a rental car and spend your time in the South.

nzlongfellow

Dennis from NZ
Qiang Fu Kiwi said:
ShellNZ said:
The whole of NZ is a beautiful country, compare it with many other countries out there in the world Andrew.

Obviously you don't get out of Porirua/Wellington much, the rest of NZ thanks you for that :)

It is, but the south island compared to the North Island is like comparing mcdonalds to fine dining. And, i spend about 40% of my life outside of Wellington / Porirua, so, think i know something about the place.

Seriously, fly into CHC, get a rental car and spend your time in the South.

The North and South Islands are worlds apart. You will NOT see it all so pick somewhere and take your time.
There are motor home companies that offer free motor homes if you relocate them from the South to the North Islands. They give you 5 days. They pay the ferry crossing and also trow in vouchers to see tourist spots. You can also buy extra days at discounted rates. My brother does it a lot so can find out details if you want.

multicast

Senior elf
Very Sage advise. When my overseas contacts ask, and say they have two weeks. I just send them south. Theres something to see every 20km down the road. Litterally, so much to see so much to do.

A round trip from christchruch south down as far as Teanu, back up via the West coast and back through Arthurs pass, would be magic. And then you've got lots of choices, the coast road, or the central road..

Autumn is the most stable weather ( Feb/March/April )...

But there is some pretty amazing spots in the North as well.

damona

Full time elf
We did a 10 days in each island. Based the trip on the Bus Tour routes. I don't think we stayed in the same town more than one night. "Professional Holiday" see as much as you can. Book the nights accommodation at about 5pm each day. Only think we booked was the trip from one island to the other. (and different car's for each island)

Jamie

Lighting up the night.
Bay of islands at the top of the north.. Take a cruise out to the hole in the rock. Dont miss a ride on the Haka jet boat at haka falls..