Newbie from Bendigo

FItz

New elf
Hey everyone

Long time lurker, first time poster.

This year was going to be my maiden voyage into Pixels from an armada of store bought, but Covid has decided to poop on that idea so this year is starting to plan for next year. Can't wait!

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
Hello @FItz and Welcome to ACL!

As per my new member message:
Read up on the ACL 101 manual. https://auschristmaslighting.com/threads/auschristmaslighting-101-manual.1889/.

- As I saw a comment on a newbie's Facebook post:
"Hope your single, rich, and have a full liquor cabinet."

Read up, study, study, plan and repeat. Make sure you know what you're wanting before you spend money!
I would diffidently look around before buying kits, much cheaper and more suited when custom made. And it's part of the fun making your own!

---------------------------------
Good to see someone here has given you the 'CLAP' - Christmas Light Addiction Problem
At least the CLAP isn't as dangerous as Covid! Maybe to the bank account....

Enjoy the community.

FItz

New elf
Thanks Mark - I was going to start with an order for a Falcon from Daryl but Im nervous trying to ensure i know exactly what I need so will prob need to study that Wiki a bit more!

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Welcome (to posting) FItz
I'm in Eaglehawk and hopefully at some stage you've seen my display. Always up for a socially isolated chat about blinky.

FItz

New elf
Hey Alan, yep totally - we met briefly during last years display when I stopped by your place - prob 1 of many people who came by! Will definately like to chat - as much as I can read a heap, sometimes just a good old fashioned chin wag makes it a lot clearer :)