Newbie K1 jumper

RaMac10

Measure twice, everything will be nice.
Hello,

I now have a P2, Power Supply From Ray Wu 12VDC 350 Watt, and A strip of 5050, IC 2811, 150 chnls.
My question is this:

Should I Jumper K1 1-2, 3-4 and Leaving all others OPEN and power my strip from the power supply. It would be like the P2 video, set up but with 12V (7V - 40V) vice 5V.

Would is this correct?
When and why would I want to power my strip from the P2?
Just want to learn as much as I can.

RaMac10

Andy_Harrison said:
If you put 12v into it with the same jumper setting I show in the video you will fry the board. Please refer to the jumper settings in the quick notes........

http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php/topic,2793.0.html

Yes, I understand, I have a 12VDC system. So there is no specific setting on the Board for 12VDC input to K1. (just regulated 7v - 40v. K1 Jumper 1-2,3-4) There is the 12V supply into K1 with 12V out to pixels (in this case do I really want to power my strips from P2 12v) when I can just hook them to the power supply.

harrison0550

Full time elf
Powering the strip from the board itself will only power a few pixels so you are correct in powering it directly from the power supply. That feature was built into the board only for very small elements such as a star or candy cane etc.

So yes you are correct in your jumper settings. I just saw "like the video but with 12v" and freaked out thinking you missed the warnings on the jumper settings and were about to stick 12v into the board with my settings phewwww. :eek:

Everything looks good on your setup though. ;)

RaMac10

Andy_Harrison said:
Powering the strip from the board itself will only power a few pixels so you are correct in powering it directly from the power supply. That feature was built into the board only for very small elements such as a star or candy cane etc.

So yes you are correct in your jumper settings. I just saw "like the video but with 12v" and freaked out thinking you missed the warnings on the jumper settings and were about to stick 12v into the board with my settings phewwww. :eek:

Everything looks good on your setup though. ;)

Thank you, the video is very good and hope to see more like that.

I always Mesure twice (three times) and just cut once. ;)

harrison0550

Full time elf
Thank you! Glad it helped. That has been my biggest fear since I made that video is that someone would use my jumper settings and put 12v into the board. Im glad you saw all the pop ups and warnings I put on it.

Just to make absolute certainty, here is the setting you want...... ;)

12v.PNG

RaMac10

Yes, I was just going to do that to make it clear the the Jumper is the K2 1-2,3-4, and that gives 7V - 40V regulated input voltage.

Thank you.