Newbie need help WS2811 with T-1000S

Grumpy

New elf
Folks, I bought a strand of 12mm WS2811 and a T-1000S for testing, Not clear to how I'll used the T-1000S, but I got it quick, and cheap. I've never used or seen WS2811 in use so I bought these to see what I could learn.

Used LEDEdit 2012 to setup a small sequence. - copied to a FAT formatted SD and inserted into the T-1000S.
Wired 5V power supply + to 5V and - to Ground.
Wired Non-chip side, first pixel VCC to +5V Power and Grd to -5V power
Wired Non-chip side DI to DAT and Grd to Grd.

Tested power to ensure 5V and there is 30W available for Controller and only 25 Pixels.

When powered, the T-1000S power indicator comes on, and no error light......but no pixel sights

What is happening??????

How can I test controller, and/or Pixels.

Controller User Manual Link: http://www.kutop.com/program/T_1000S_SD_card_program_manual.pdf

mborg10

Michael Borg
Does the wire coming directly out of the pixel connect to the ground on the controller AND the ground on the power supply

Grumpy

New elf
I used 5V & Grd From Controller to Pixel V+ & V-(Grd), and DAT & Grd to Pixel DI & Grd. Both Ground terminate at same Factory solider joint on pixel board.

Pixel to Controller then to 5V Power Supply

mborg10

Michael Borg
Run + and - to power controller.
To power pixel run + direct from power supply and - from power supply AND grnd output on controller. Connect data to controller output.

Grumpy

New elf
I think I found the issue.....software problem. LEDEdit controller/pixel configurator issue. First step in the software is to select your controller and pixel. Mine was T-1000S-WS2811, however this configuration must of had something crossed linked when zipping the download file. I removed all the standard, selectable controller/pixel listed, and re-selected T-1000S-WS2811 from the master list. Then followed the previous steps to make a file. Tested and I now have lights.

Hope this will help others with a T-1000S controller issue.
T-1000S is not my choice of a controller. I will not buy another.