Newby - two questions

penguineer

Full time elf
Matt said:
but they look soooooooo legit.... surly we can run those underwater also.

i mean they are waterproof right?

Completely proof water safe. Noted expectation that power not supplied under water to keep safe.

I'm sure it's somewhere in the brochure.

Cheers!

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Eastwood16G said:
When you say "no 240V" - are they running the lights off PSUs already or using the included plug packs?

I think I confused you. I purchased some great LED strings from HK a few months ago ("Durable and waterproof for indoor and outdoor decoration') - I wanted 240Va.c rather than 110Va.c. When they arrived I was surprised there was no plug pack. They were simple bridge rectified in the controller and pushing out 240Vd.c into two or three channels (i.e. 25-33 LEDS in series depending on the colour) with only the line driver (and current limiting resistors) protecting the lamp side of the circuit. And no protection on the supply side of the controller. All wired in bell-wire grade insulation. I don't consider them safe for use indoors let alone outside. (Needless to say these will be chopped up and used in low voltage strings, IF at all). I have a similar set bought from Bunnings but that has compliant insulation and is marked for indoor use only.

There is a lot of dangerous crap out there sold on aliexpress and EBay, The combination of mains 240v, front yards, rain, kids, it all doesnt make a good combination. I think you know yourself that you ended up with something that maybe not very safe to use.

Anyway take your time to learn the choices here and in a couple of months the pieces will all start to fall into place and you will be surely hooked and infected with CLAP.

Welcome to the hobby

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome57.gif