No better feeling

mborg10

Michael Borg
Apart from a feeding tube Zac has no tubes anymore. He has been transferred from ICU to HDU and has put on 300g. He is officially 1 week old and is doing great. Hopefully be home next weekend.
a4uba3ez.jpg

Habbosrus

Back again
He appears to be sleeping soundly mate. How are mum & dad doing? Bet you can't wait to get him home and show him where the soldering lives :D

mborg10

Michael Borg
Habbosrus said:
He appears to be sleeping soundly mate. How are mum & dad doing? Bet you can't wait to get him home and show him where the soldering lives :D

Mum and dad are good. I missed my treatment for Crohns on the weekend so I'm carrying some pain and fatigue on top of the fatigue that a baby brings. I'll get in this weekend. Mummy is fantastic. Gets a bit emotional but she is a strong woman. Love her and Zac

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Gaining weight already and Mum's emotional. All normal and positive signs. Bet you can't wait to get everyone home full time (including yourself). Sounds like all news is very positive. Brings back some great memories (although a bit nervous at the time). All the best. I'm sure you're in for some great times ahead.

mborg10

Michael Borg
Zac finally came today after 16 days in hospital. He still has a feeding tube in but that's ok he is still little and we need to fatten him up with extra food.

It was a sad day though as the little bubba Hadi who was across from Zac didn't make it. It really shows us how lucky we are and gave Zac extra hugs but our thoughts go out to Hadi's mum and dad

scamper

Dedicated elf
Congrats to you all, I empathise with you as our second daughter was bourn at 28 weeks. She was in hospital for 2 months and then came home on oxygen, which she was on for another 3 months. that was 14 years ago, she has had a lot of hospital stays for various things. But the doctors and nurses told us she was a fighter.
They were right,
She won gold in state titles at gymnastics, she has won silver in the country championships in hockey.
but more than anything, she is the light of her daddy's eyes.

Enjoy every moment with your baby.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Great to hear that all is going well and Zac is home and some 'new normality' can start.

For me i consider myself to be very lucky after seeing many other couples have difficult or premature births as both my kids were text book births.

Kaden

Pixels! I need more pixels!
I am so glad to hear he is fine and on his way home. Despite your confidence I am sure it has been a struggle internally for you and now that is nearly all over!