No Comment

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Re: Vixen Latest version

Its great to see that vixen is not dead as it has served a large number of the community and has been a great sequencing program that is free but unfortunately wasn't able to keep up with the onset of high channel pixel based sequencing, even though AussiePhil ran it with 9000 channels but he used scripts to do the sequencing.

This all now appears to be changing and we all look forward to seeing what KC and his crew can produce but in my opinion software at this level should at least have some sort of fee to compensate the designers for the ever increasing level of work needed to produce such software.

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf

I have always said that KC should at least put a paypal donation in Vixen - let people who WANT to give him $ send it to him easily. I wont be using vixen this year, but will probably go back to it next year.

In emails to him earlier this month I said I'd probably try somethin different and run LSP most nights, but Vixen 3 on a few nights with old, but updated sequences from last year. That way I get the main sequencing done in LSP, but get to use Vixen to see how it goes this year as well.

ryanschristmaslights

Senior elf
Administrator

Interesting news there about Vixen 3.0!

The module function sounds very useful particularly for the DIY community where there are various types of controllers floating around with different protocol types. Plus also unique interactivity through live inputs.

I'll certainly be interested in reading about the other 3 parts when the news is published.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator

Great to see vixen progressing nicely. Sounds like some very interesting concepts being implemented into the software, i wish KC and the team all the best with the development of Vixen 3.0

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf

It's coming along nicely by the sounds of it. Cant wait to see the final version of the program!

neilric99

Full time elf

Never being a previous Vixen user, I really like the way KC explains the sequencing from a users intent point of view, it sure makes a lot of sense to objectize this and will make the users job much easier to create a seqeunce. I will be ready to give vixen a try when this version comes out.

BradsXmasLights

WiFi Interactive
Re: Vixen 3.0 Release Discussion (Latest Version 3.0 Beta 0)

Excellent to see Vixen3! But I really hate to say, it does indeed feel like a Beta 0.

I like the modular drag & drop effects, but how do you do the traditional grid drawing like in 2.5?

How do you map a chaser to multiple channels?

kevr

Full time elf
Generous elf
Re: Vixen 3.0 Release Discussion (Latest Version 3.0 Beta 0)

Good on yah Phil, much easier for me to actually see how it works than read about it.

Kev :)