No Comment

gunther

New elf
Re: I felt like such an idiot

I've never experienced anything like it.

I'm not talking about the resistor mixup.

I'm talking about wiring the lights and actually getting ANY light out at all on the first power up. You should be proud of that. Most of us don't get light on the first try

:p

j1sys

There are no rules, and those are the rules.
Community project designer

I, on the other hand, never make this kind of mistake. Being color blind I have to check all resistors with a meter!!!

I've always hated color coding. I love SMD labeling. They use numbers!!

-Ed

mrpackethead

Full time elf

j1sys said:
I've always hated color coding. I love SMD labeling. They use numbers!!

you must be using the big ones... we've been using 402's recently for a project and those really test everything..

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf

Alec, I can't say I've read a resistor back to front, but I can understand how it can happen. The band spacing is biased towards one side so you get used to it after a while.

Ed, I can imagine being colour blind would make it difficult to read them! Luckily I leaned colour codes when I was about 11 years old.

Steve22537

Full time elf

Alec, I can say I've done some pretty stupid things in life, but getting the value of a resistor wrong, never. But lets hope you and may other are not only laughing at your mistake but have learnt something from your extremely embarrassing mistake. Cheers and remember which end of the soldering iron to hold (not the hot end)

Steve