smartalec said:how many pixels are in a 5m pixel strip? like these
mschell said:The LED count is NOT per R, G or B LED. It's a single LED module, with 3 LEDs in each module. But there are 36 modules per meter in this strip.
This is how many strips are designed. 3 modules per segment, which are usually 100 mm long. There are 10 of these segments in a regular strip which gives you 30 LED per meter.
In the case of the WS2801 strip, it looks like there are 12 segments per meter, but there's still 3 RGB LED modules per segment.
neil said:how about this strip which appears to be 2 * 5050 nodes per segment and 36/M
the 6803 strip I have is 3 * 5050's per segment and 30/M
dmoore said:I have some of this 2801, 12v strip from another vendor. Here are the specs:
* In/out plugs on each end of the strip (one for power another for signal)
* Encased in a boot and silicone injection
* 12v input power
* 2801 pixel chip
* Each "section" or pixel is 3.27 inches or 83mm in length
* There 60 indvidually controlled pixels
* There are three 5050 LEDs per pixel
* 36 5050 LED's per meter
* 180 channels per length
* 195 inches / 4.95m overall length (excluding the lead-in/out)
Please people....don't buy 6803 anything - it's just junk.