Not such a great year

Discussion in 'The Family Room' started by Slite, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Slite

Slite Full Time Elf

Well, this year didn't become the great year for my inauguration into the wonderful world of CLAP I had envisioned it to be.

My wife's dad got diagnosed with lungcancer durng the spring, so domestic issues got into the driving seat for a while. About all I got done was sequencing some songs during this time, more like a way to relax and stop worrying for a few hours than anything else. Fiddling around with stuff on the computer helps med relax.

In the end of September my father-in-law finally went quietly to sleep for the last time and I could start thinking about getting some stuff together again.

So, this year it wont be the big show I had in mind when I started looking into the whole blinky flashy thing at the end of 2011, but here's what we will show off this year.

10 RGB Mini trees (3 feet high), one 8 feet 2D RGB tree with 10 strings, and then some RGB framing for the house itself.

This will be driven by 2 Renard48 LSD and the great little RGB Breakout boards that was offered as a groupbuy earlier this year.

I will start setup during the coming weeks, so pictures etc will be forthcoming.

So, basicly, "dad", this year is for you! Sleep well, we will always remember you!

/Stefan

2. DougieB

DougieB Full Time Elf

Commiseration's to you and your family on your loss Stefan.
    I am sure that any show you can put together will be appreciated by you and your family and a great way to remember your father in law
    Doug

3. Boof63

Boof63 Full Time Elf

condolences on your loss , hope the rest of the family are fit and well and all goes smoothly for the construction and implementation :D
    cheers and best wishes
    Boof63 :) :)

4. fasteddy

fasteddy I have C.L.A.P Global Moderator Generous Elf

Find Me On:
    My condolences, family always comes first. A hobby can always wait

5. Bird

Bird Proud LOR user

Our thoughts are with you and your family Stefan.
    May your lights blink brightly for your dad.