Null pixels

mick8248

Full time elf
I have some mini trees with 100 5v pixels on each, they are being driven by a ECG-P2 three trees on first output and three on the second, the first tree now has a pixel that the blue led doesn't work (no spares left to replace it) wanted to make this pixel a null pixel (could just wrap black tape around it so the red and green don't show), have played with the effects to make a null pixel but keep getting errors, what settings do I make in the effects to make the 20th pixel a null? On the output I have uni 1 170 pixels and uni 2 130 pixels.

mick8248

Full time elf
Interesting fix for my problem, upon squeezing the molding of the pixel, the blue turned on, dodgy connection somewhere, so, one hose clamp applied and tightened and problem of pixel solved, still need to work out how to program the null pixel in the P2 though so I know what I am doing for next time

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
I fixed a piece of pixel strip with a zip tie when it went intermittent after being put up. I'll fix it properly when it comes down.

Boof63

Senior elf
using p2 and null pixels only works if nulls are between P2 and the element, if so you can tell P2 to have a 1 x null in the string effect page and the first pixel should be blank. other wise the only way to blank it out is to add a null pixel into your elements pixel count or blank out the effects for that first pixel.
cheers Boof63

AussieDoug

Full time elf
The easiest solution is take all effects away from that pixel. If it can't turn on no one will know the difference :D

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I have always added a Null pixels in the sequencing and not the hardware and just left that channel blank, but thats because of old habits before controllers had the Null pixel capability

caffeine

Full time elf
First person to do a complete WIKI entry on Null pixels (what they are, when to use them, how to config them on popular boards) wins....

my eternal appreciation.