Nutcracker Error

DougieB

Full time elf
Hi Sean
I am getting the following error since I installed the latest version of Nutcracker, have tried going back to an older version and still get the same result
nutcracker%20error.jpg

smeighan

Dedicated elf
DougieB said:
Hi Sean
I am getting the following error since I installed the latest version of Nutcracker, have tried going back to an older version and still get the same result
nutcracker%20error.jpg

i dont see any error screen?

what error did you see.

what effect were u running?

ill give it a try also

smeighan

Dedicated elf
DougieB said:
Hi Sean
I was trying to create a new model ( 2 Arch Single Strand) on local and get the fatal MySQL error after the first screen
Doug

i created a 2 strand target and then connected a single strand effect and did not get the error.

can you duplicate this on meighan.net? That way i can see the data/

thanks

DougieB

Full time elf
HI Sean
smeighan said:
i created a 2 strand target and then connected a single strand effect and did not get the error.
thanks
finally had a chance to test on your website and am able to create the 2 models I wanted. Just seems to be a local install issue. I will try deleting and starting again tonight.
Also with single strand at the moment the colour selection options appears to have disappeared
Thanks
Doug

smeighan

Dedicated elf
DougieB said:
HI Sean
smeighan said:
thanks
finally had a chance to test on your website and am able to create the 2 models I wanted. Just seems to be a local install issue. I will try deleting and starting again tonight.
Also with single strand at the moment the colour selection options appears to have disappeared
Thanks
Doug

there should be no difference between meighan.net and localhost. I did release some code to fix an error in the same process.php routine yesterday. it might have addressed your issue. download a fresh local install and give ti another try.

thanks

smeighan

Dedicated elf
DougieB said:
Hi Sean
nutcracker%20error.jpg

You cannot have spaces in an effect name. Every prompt says this

"Name for your effect (Up to 25 characters):[/size]This is the name that this effect will show up in your library. [/size]NOTE!! Do not have spaces in your effect name. "SPIRAL TEST" is invalid, "SPIRAL_TEST" is fine"
[/size]
[/size]I have been meaning to get this fixed, it should not be up to you to remember, NO SPACES.
[/size]
[/size]Because you can fix the error, this has not made it to the top of bugs.

So, just enter your effect name as "CANDY_CANES" instead of "CANDY_CANES" and you should be fine.

thanks

DougieB

Full time elf
Never had a space, that was from the description. The name for the effect was simply Canes2. did not matter what model I was trying to create I ended up with the sql error. seems to be working now though