Nutcracker: What new effects would you like to see?

tonyh

New elf
Has anyone attempted or had any success in using holidaysequences.com
12 channel ccr pixel tree sequences in xlight/nutcracker software.

Thanks

bluzervic

65,768 Channels, 185 Universes
tonyh said:
Has anyone attempted or had any success in using holidaysequences.com
12 channel ccr pixel tree sequences in xlight/nutcracker software.

Thanks

With LOR, I think you can import the seq. into an xseq file and play it in preview.
However when you go to nutcracker..there will be no effects there, just the models, but all blank

-Blu

nzlongfellow

Dennis from NZ
I would like to have the ability to rotate the Arches model like the single strand.
My arches are built up a drive way so when I apply "WHOLE HOUSE" I can not position them as laid out in real.

Also I have 24 mini trees. They are in groups of 3. (8 x 3) I have treated them as Arches, for ease of sequencing, BUT they are aligned vertically up a bank in 8 rows of 3 but the Arch model positioning does not allow this. Cheers :)

vincerules

Full time elf
nzlongfellow said:
I would like to have the ability to rotate the Arches model like the single strand.
My arches are built up a drive way so when I apply "WHOLE HOUSE" I can not position them as laid out in real.

Also I have 24 mini trees. They are in groups of 3. (8 x 3) I have treated them as Arches, for ease of sequencing, BUT they are aligned vertically up a bank in 8 rows of 3 but the Arch model positioning does not allow this. Cheers :)

Boom! Done.
https://auschristmaslighting.com/threads/release-3-5-1-fix-for-crashes-in-whole-house-model.6499/
"Frankr has added ability to rotate models in the PREVIEW tab to include all models, not just single string."

nzlongfellow

Dennis from NZ
I am using 3.5.0 and when I select the model to size and position the Rotate is Grayed out.

Also in the preview screen, when I have a single flood light (that-is 1 output) it is so small I cannot see it. Making it larger just moves it's position but not the display. It is a lonesome dot on the screen. :'(

nzlongfellow

Dennis from NZ
nzlongfellow said:
I am using 3.5.0 and when I select the model to size and position the Rotate is Grayed out.

Also in the preview screen, when I have a single flood light (that-is 1 output) it is so small I cannot see it. Making it larger just moves it's position but not the display. It is a lonesome dot on the screen. :'(
Sorry didn't realize you had done it there-and-then and added an update.
WOW I am amazed at the changes and enhancements you guys are bringing to xLights may you be congratulated.

smeighan

Dedicated elf
3.5.2 is current release.

Rotating arches works fine.

Dave Pitts has floods and is not satisfied with the current preview. He is going gang busters on stuff this last week.
He currently is making a new screen to group models. He wants the flood to show with a fade to the edges. we will see

nzlongfellow

Dennis from NZ
smeighan said:
3.5.2 is current release.

Rotating arches works fine.

Dave Pitts has floods and is not satisfied with the current preview. He is going gang busters on stuff this last week.
He currently is making a new screen to group models. He wants the flood to show with a fade to the edges. we will see

Love the rotating Arches.

I got around the small display in preview by making it a wreath of 20 lights thus more points to see but no more channels so all good. Cheers

nzlongfellow

Dennis from NZ
When I am in Models a check box that allows "Part of my display" be available rather than going into "Modify"
That way we can a) see if it is part of the display and b) add or remove it with a simple click like the "delete, copy etc" buttons.

nzlongfellow

Dennis from NZ
"Save As" for sequences so different versions can be saved.
My reason is my display is indoors on a stage. Some shows will have no performers on stage so i can add more elements but not change the major parts.

jcmarksafb

Hello from Christopher Creek Arizona
From Sean:
We are heading into the last few weeks before releasing xlights 4. Target for general release is mar 21. We are going through crash fixes, connecting play button, a few more items
That was today, 2/26/2015

smeighan

Dedicated elf
nzlongfellow said:
"Save As" for sequences so different versions can be saved.
My reason is my display is indoors on a stage. Some shows will have no performers on stage so i can add more elements but not change the major parts.

"Save as" is already in xLights 4

cdbrown

New elf
bluzervic said:
I would like to see pixel cane model added

-Blu

I would also love this.
However it is easy to create the model thanks to the help button. I would like to see a simple alternating effect similar to bars but not actually based on grid location but just pixel number. When using bars for a 10 module candy (grid 4 wide, 8 high), some of the pixels at the top get grouped together as they are on the same horizontal grid line. So for model below - 1, 3, 5, 7 and 10 will be red, 2, 4, 6, 8 and 9 will be white. Where it should be 1,3,5,7,9 is red and 2,4,6,8,10 is white.

8 9
7 10

Gilrock

Full time elf
Yeah for now I found it simplier to just sequence my coro canes in LOR since it has a grid editor. I created a 30 second pattern and then cut and pasted it to the length of the sequence and then I import it as a data layer. So my candy cane forest is usually doing its own thing but I can drop other effects on top at various parts of the song in xLights.