OK Can someone tell me anything about this Controller?

bdeditch

Full time elf
I order a sample 3 meter Pixel strip to have one I get into 1.31. This controller came with it, of course without any instructions. Anyone know wnaything about it?

Attachments

• P1010367.JPG
    P1010367.JPG
    869.2 KB · Views: 47
  • P1010368.JPG
    P1010368.JPG
    797.9 KB · Views: 39
  • P1010369.JPG
    P1010369.JPG
    864.7 KB · Views: 39

TimW

Full time elf
Looks a bit like THIS ONE from Ray.
These are quite common (and often underrated?) stand alone controllers. They support multiple pixel types and play sequences stored on SD card.
To build the sequences you need some software (called LEDEDIT from memory?) that allows you to specify what pixels are used, create grids and outlines, build patterns and even overaly flash movies. Not sure how well it works, but for simple stand alone use of pixel strings it looks OK.
(and the price is good! :) )

ultanium

New elf
Sorry to drag up this old topic, but I also have one of these controllers, and wanted to help the OP. Open a new project in LEDedit, select your pixel type in the configuration, and then the size of your light arrangement. Select a video effect from the menu, then hit the record button. When you are done recording your effect, select export effect, and save your new *.led file. The device uses a file numbering scheme like this:

00_1.led (first pattern, output 1)
01_1.led (second pattern, output 1)
00_2.led (first pattern, output 2)

This device supports DMX+ on connector B, and DMX- on connector A.
The other A/B in and outs are for daisychaining the devices.

HTH!
Tommy J.

zeph

New elf
Where can one find LEDEDIT? I'd like to try the program before deciding on getting the T-1000S controller, if possible. Assuming that I'll be able to try the software out myself I'll reserve my other questions for the hardware (mostly).

When you refer to output 1 and output 2 in the file names for the SD card, are you talking about pixel 1 and 2, or (I suspect) serial data outputs 1 and 2.

The T-1000S has only one output port so I guess it would only use output 1 files, but one can select among multiple patterns via the buttons, right?

Has anyone decoded the *.led file format? I'm wondering if it would be possible to render Vixen sequences to a file to be copied to the SD card.

Thanks

earnest

New elf
you need edit programm, this controller from china,need 30$ /set.

please contact with me if u have more question

Im led pixel light supplier in china

Trikky72

New elf
Just got one of these from Ray
Has anyone being successful in programming it? I have tried several different combinations and none of them work. Unit locks up, if I use the samples that came on the SD card it works OK

Currently wanting to get it displaying some basic graphics on a 25x20 matrix of WS2801 LED pixels till I can afford to get something like the ECG-P12R to control them

If someone has a arduino code other than the sample one in the spi folder that they are willing to share this would also be good as I have them running on the sample code at the moment

Thanks

Chris