1. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

One strip of lights staying green

Discussion in 'RGB Lights - Intelligent Pixels and 3-Channel RGB' started by grahami2006, Nov 26, 2014.

1. grahami2006

grahami2006 Full Time Elf

I have 6 light strips on my roof and one of them does not change colour to the sequence. It is permanently on green and even when sequence finishes it does not go out but stays green. Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Graham

BTW these are being controlled by a 27 channel controller. I have tried setting a short sequence to white and 5 go to white but this one still stays green.

2. BundyRoy

BundyRoy Dedicated Elf

Graham my guess is that that strip is not getting enough voltage. I have had issues with lights staying on when the voltage is too low. Is it at the end of the line in terms of where the power is applied to the strip.

3. David_AVD

David_AVD Bite my shiny metal ass!

Find Me On:
    There could be a couple of reasons:

1) The most likely is a shorted MOSFET on the 27 channel board. This is easily tested by following the wiki article here. In this case the strip would be green as soon as the 27 channel board is powered up (no sequence running).

2) The other possibility is a duplicate channel in your sequence is always on. If this were the case the strip would go dark after the sequence ends.

4. scamper

scamper Senior Elf

Find Me On: