Output to lights

Hi All,

I know this has been asked before, however I can't seem to find a solution,

I am running FPP 7.1 and Xlights 2023.13 on a Mac, and using an Experience Genius controller.

My Mac connects to FPP over WiFi and then using a FPP Proxy to connect to the Controller, everything is accessible from Xlights on the Mac, and I can upload sequences using FPP connect/ configuration using Bulk Controller Upload.

I can not however get output to lights to work.

I am clicking the "Light Bulb Icon"

1695013341744.png

This triggers a warning on the FPP
1695013387961.png

However there is still no output to lights,

I have uploaded this sequence to FPP and played directly and it works this way, however no matter why I try I cannot output to lights direct from Xlights

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Both of those screens look like they should.
When trying to output to lights have you done a render all first?
If you go to tools > test can you get anything to happen?

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Can you show the Channel Inputs and Channel Outputs screens from FPP, as well as the controller configuration box on xLights?

Both of those screens look like they should.
When trying to output to lights have you done a render all first?
If you go to tools > test can you get anything to happen?
Yes, I have rendered, nothing happens also when I go to test

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Ok your channel outputs is blank. Which means once FPP gets the DDP data from xLights, it doesnt know where to send it.
You need to do an FPP Connect, Select UDP Out = All for your show player. No need to select sequences.
This will configure the Channel Outputs tab for you.

1695016132583.png

You may also want to select "Models" = " All" as well to give you the ability to run model tests from FPP.

Ok your channel outputs is blank. Which means once FPP gets the DDP data from xLights, it doesnt know where to send it.
You need to do an FPP Connect, Select UDP Out = All for your show player. No need to select sequences.
This will configure the Channel Outputs tab for you.

View attachment 23662

You may also want to select "Models" = " All" as well to give you the ability to run model tests from FPP.
Thank you so much, this is my first year in this hobby, I'm finding things are simple... once you know what to do/where to go

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
No worries at all!
It's a common catch with proxy setups - the proxy in FPP only does the Web/Management interface of the remote controllers, nothing to do with lighting data.
The Channel Input receiver gets the data from xLights and maps to channel numbers. Channel Outputs then map those to remote controllers (or physical ports in the case of FPP based controllers). This essentially means that from a DDP/E1.31 level that portion is the 'network proxy' but intelligent at a channel level for routing the data.

Reactions: AAH