P10 - FPP - ColorLight 5A-75B issue

jasp3r

New elf
So I gave up on the option of using a BBB and FPP to drive my P10 panels. No matter what I tried I simply could not get it working.
So instead I purchased a 51-75B Colorlight card.
My matrix is setup as 4 wide x 4 tall so 128x64
I followed a couple videos online using this method and both showed bottom row to J1, 2nd to J2 and upwards so mine is connected as follows.
1634827570313.png
I was able to successfully configure the Colorlight card without any issues. Tested it using their software. Simple screen that had text as you can see below.
1634827848097.png
I then setup a new RaspberryPi4 with the latest version of FPP and configured the LED Panels as 4x4 with 32x16 1/4 Scan
Tested it in the display testing and everything worked.

1634827951165.png

I setup Vixen to test color bars, fire, text. During testing this is what I got.
Bars looked correct but Text was not and the fire sequence was off as you can see every row of panels was upside down it appeared.
1634828252601.png

I tried messing with the layout in FPP to change the boards around but the closest I can get it to working is a mirrored effect.

1634828514994.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am so darn close to getting this working its driving me nuts. :)

jasp3r

New elf
Just an update. So I thought I would test this using xLights instead of Vixen and viola... it worked as expected.
Now I just need to figure out why Vixen is doing this to the screen when xLights works.
All of my current sequences are in vixen so I really do not feel like learning xLights at this time so anyone that has any info on why this may be occurring in Vixen and not xLights please share.

Notenoughlights

400,000+ twinkly lights
Not entirely sure how you set up a colourlight card to work with vixen, however when I ran a small 15x15 pixel matrix colour wall thing, I think I had to patch it backwards when assigning it to a controller, i.e if you have 100 outputs on the controller and 100 items to patch, patch item 100 at controller output 1 etc. 2 at 99 3 at 98, because everything was out or mirrored, see if that works for you.

jasp3r

New elf
I wound up getting it working. The issue is Vixen itself. Within the Text option I had to change it from String to Location and then it flipped and looked correctly.
As of now everything is working but with that said I am a bit disappointed with Vixen and the lack of being able to move text around to where I want it displayed. I wanted to have static text on the far left of the screen but I simply cannot do it easily. Oh well I will work around it and maybe this will give me a good reason to change over to xLights. I just dread having to redo all my sequences and my singing tree.