P10 Panels and Vixen3 Matrix Grid

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator

this is my experience and happy to be shown another way.

In Vix3 the easiest way to create a large matrix grid is to use the Grid Element generator in the Setup Display screen.

All examples based on a 4 wide by 2 high panel array. For 32 x 16 panels this is 128 x 32.

For p10 panels you need to generate Rows then Columns, the number of rows is the pixel height of your total panels, the columns is the total pixels across your panels.
So in Vix3 the example uses 32 Rows and 128 Columns.

this will generate all the Rows down to the pixel level for the matrix. Set the colour handling to RGB and you will now have 12288 channels needing to be patched to you outputs.

Now this is where it gets a little painful, I have found the the highest numbered row needs to be patched first so text is displayed right way up. you can't just use the reverse order tickbox as this then reverses the individual nodes and makes the text scroll backwards.

So process, expand the grid element out to see each row, select the highest numbered row on the left and the controller on the right and Patch the channels. Repeat for each row of pixel counting down, in my case 32->1.

Test your matrix or P10 panels.

If there is another way please post.

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
AussiePhil said:

this is my experience and happy to be shown another way.

In Vix3 the easiest way to create a large matrix grid is to use the Grid Element generator in the Setup Display screen.

All examples based on a 4 wide by 2 high panel array. For 32 x 16 panels this is 128 x 32.

For p10 panels you need to generate Rows then Columns, the number of rows is the pixel height of your total panels, the columns is the total pixels across your panels.
So in Vix3 the example uses 32 Rows and 128 Columns.

this will generate all the Rows down to the pixel level for the matrix. Set the colour handling to RGB and you will now have 12288 channels needing to be patched to you outputs.

Now this is where it gets a little painful, I have found the the highest numbered row needs to be patched first so text is displayed right way up. you can't just use the reverse order tickbox as this then reverses the individual nodes and makes the text scroll backwards.

So process, expand the grid element out to see each row, select the highest numbered row on the left and the controller on the right and Patch the channels. Repeat for each row of pixel counting down, in my case 32->1.

Test your matrix or P10 panels.

If there is another way please post.

Why didn't I find this 2 Days ago. Thanks Phil That has been doing my head in.

BradsXmasLights

WiFi Interactive
Good news is the FPP is now showing a 'Model Start Corner' option - change this to 'Bottom Left' then it's just a matter of selecting your Matrix element in Vixen & Mapping it to the E1.31 Controller in one hit.

Believe me I am glad to see this as my matrix has 80 rows! :D