image7.jpg
image8.jpg
image9.jpg
image10.jpg
:D

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I know next to nothing about how Eds boards work and how tolerant 2811 pixels are as I've only managed to get P2 going today but based on the fact I had it working and the fact the WS2811 is specced for 400kB/s I would say that the 2811 should have a clock rate of 3200kb/s (400 x 8) rather than the 2000, 2500 and 3000 that you are currently running.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Have you tried reloading the firmware.

The data speed will be related to the cable length when using the 2811 i ran some of mine at 1800 with a 10 metre cable

Madko

Full time elf
I haven't loaded firmware. Ill give this a go

Yeah I'm running at that speed as I'm running an 8 meter length to my first pixel.

Madko

Full time elf
Thanks to Andys "how to download firmware" i finally did a successful download of my firmware using the bootloader software.

Sorry to say but this didnt help my problem where bank 1 (universe 1-6) have no output at all. Bank 2 is fine (universes 7-12)

Next step please?????

Hang on! it just started working! well only universes 2-6. Universe 1 still not working. What the! I have done nothing other then load firmware and tighten up the terminals on K1.

Something strange in going on. This is why i say this.

Through-out my whole time i have been running my P12R, i have only had P13 connected to a 350W SMPS with the internal connection going down to K1 and using wire jumpers in the terminals of K1. Not once have i had a power supply connected to P00. Since fault finding it seems like the only way to have bank 1 (universes 1-6) working is to have power connected to P00. Well my whole sequence so far has worked using Universes 1 and 2 without a power supply connected to P00 and it has been working. Can this happen? Because i sure have never connected power to P00 and it has been working!

Getting very confused and still stumped why universe 1 isnt working! :mad:

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
This is your issue. to power bank 1 to 6 you need to power P00 as this is for that bank which is physically completely seperate to P13 which has its own bank which is also linked to the main board. So if you never had P00 connected that explains why bank 1 to 6 did not work.
As far as output 1 not working then check the fuse for output 1

Madko

Full time elf
Re: P12R now not working - FIXED

Thanks to everyone who had some input, this problem has now been solved!
The only thing i can put it down to is a slight loose connection on K1. After i re-loaded firmware and tightened up the terminals i got all outputs to work except for universe 1. Further fault finding found that in my string setup i had a action on universe 1 which included 3 null pixels. I made up test pixels so i could test each output but these only consisted of 1 pixel each. So once i de-activated this action it was all good.

Thanks to everyone that help!

What a learning curve!!