P12S running 2811 strip

Madko

Full time elf
Hey Guys,

Im running a P12S with 12 strips of 2811 pixels.
When running my display if i add a sequence where i just flash all 12 strips white then once it goes off in the sequence the lights stay on. Even after i close the program lights are still active high (ON). I have to power down and start the controller back up.Im running HLS.

Has anyone had this problem and know the cause?

Cheers

kane

Dedicated elf
Madko said:
Im running a P12S with 12 strips of 2811 pixels.
When running my display if i add a sequence where i just flash all 12 strips white then once it goes off in the sequence the lights stay on. Even after i close the program lights are still active high (ON). I have to power down and start the controller back up.Im running HLS.
First thing I would try is another software package - perhaps David's DA_131 test utility, and see if you get the same result.

Skunberg

Full time elf
This comes up with many software sometimes. Try a 5 or ten seconds of "off" before sequence ends. Seems to fix the problem most often.

Brian

rvenegas

Apprentice elf
Skunberg said:
This comes up with many software sometimes. Try a 5 or ten seconds of "off" before sequence ends. Seems to fix the problem most often.

Brian

Agree with you Skunberg, same happened to me with same controller and same pixels, even happened using the testpattern of controller, so what i do now is include"Off" at the end of any sequence to avoid any of them remains turned on.

Madko

Full time elf
Ok, thank for this. When you say Off, are you just referring to a section of sequence that has nothing programmed? Or this there a function to switch everything off?

I am also running 12 - 2811 strips with mine. I have a 1 second at the beginning and a 1 second at the end of each sequence where everything is set to off. I found this helps the sequences act correctly. Hope this helps.

Lee