P2 acting weird

Lost sol

New elf
I was trying to test out a few strips I had attached to pvc for my windows so I hooked everything up and nothing. These are 12v strips. When that strip didn't work I grabbed another one thinking maybe I goofed in soldering the connector and still nothing. I hooked up modules I know worked just a few days earlier and nothing. I took the P2 and changed the jumper to 5v and moved it to a 5v PS and pixels. Everything worked perfect. I put the jumper back to 12v and moved it back to the 12v PS and strip. Nothing. I can get to the setup screen via the IP address so I know it's working it just doesn't seem to be outputting data on 12v. Anyone have any thoughts?

Lost sol

New elf
I did turn off the E1.31 and I did check the jumper setting and all is good there. That's what has me lost on why it's not working.

ShellNZ

Senior elf
Youve tried unticking everything from effects screen? Sometimes (most times) any effects that have been input cause a hiccup.

I ended up reverting everything back to how it was (0'd everything out) then starting again and all worked well from then on.

Lost sol

New elf
I did all of that. I had it working fine a few days ago and it works fine with 5v just not when I change it to 12v.

Madko

Full time elf
Just quickly, is everything else left the same between 5v and 12v except power and jumpers? You haven't changed the length of the data line to the first pixel? I had a problem before where I changed over the data line to a longer length and the data wasn't making it.

If everything is the same then ill be looking at the supply?

Is the P2 LEDs blinking similar to when the 5v is connected and working?

Lost sol

New elf
Everything is the same. The PS reads 12.13v on a meter so I am good there. All I did was change the jumper for a 5v source, hooked it up to the PS and 5v pixels and worked fine. Put everything back for 12v and nothing.

Madko

Full time elf
Are you hard wired directly to the P2 or have you got any weatherproof connectors from Ray. I have heard that sometimes these can have wiring issues from the factory. If you are using these then make sure that the power, ground and data are on the correct pin locations for each.

Lost sol

New elf
I was using connector but I changed to wiring it directly to the pixels and skipping the connector. I also just tried a whole new PS, cat5 cable, new wiring and still nothing.