P2 settings and LSP setup problems

mborg10

Michael Borg
Some of my pixels have not arrived in time for my show to start (my 6m mega tree and candy canes) so I am doing a modified show in the time being with what I have.
I connected it all up yesterday and ran a sequence thru LSP but got nothing. I can get the lights to run a test pattern if I change some of the universe locations on the P2. Then some of my stars would stay on a particular colour even when the test pattern was running.

Bare with me but I have done some screen shots of how I put my set up together in the hope someone spots an error.

This is my physical layout on the house.[smfattach]1[/smfattach]
In LSP this is how I set up an E1.31 controller. I have an excel sheet on the right where I have allocated universe numbers and pixel count.[smfattach]2[/smfattach][smfattach]3[/smfattach]
These are my settings in J1sys. I have tried to keep universe numbers etc the same so my sequences will work even without the entire show.[smfattach]4[/smfattach]

Last edited by a moderator:

mborg10

Michael Borg
On this page I add in info but next time I go in it shows blank[smfattach]1[/smfattach]
but these are the settings I normally enter.[smfattach]2[/smfattach]
When I run a sequence thru LSP it optimises then no lights turn on.
Any assistance with this would be awesome. I know you are all very busy with your own shows.
Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

mborg10

Michael Borg
cozbert said:
have you right clicked on the controller and set up the output config?
Hmmmmmm I'll have a look. I'd have to do that on every controller I have set up in LSP wouldn't it.

cozbert

Full time elf
you have to set up every universe, make sure you set your zone number to the universe number that you want... it makes it easier :)

mborg10

Michael Borg
I think I got it. It was the output config and I was putting the pixel number as 4001 and 5000 instead of 1. Have to wait until it's dark then I can play with my p12s dmx settings

mborg10

Michael Borg
That would be awesome but I'll have to postpone if it doesn't work. Reached my download limit this month. 200gb don't go far these days. Still got net but it's more like dial up. Let us know when your display going Ben. Your only 40mins away and we will come check it out.

mborg10

Michael Borg
still no luck. Even just with the test pattern in J1sys the lights turn blue then stay off then flash for a millisecond then off etc.
I can get LSP to play something but only on 1/4 of the display

mborg10

Michael Borg
Ok so when I turn on the test pattern this lights go blue the the flicker with the pattern 2 seconds off then a flash of different colours. Not how the sequence normally looks. But when I run LSP only a third of the lights turn on. With the very last stars 4 white and 1 red. With a whole heap of stars in the middle not on. Only 1 third of my balls turn on with the first couple flickering.

Sounds like I have all the settings right from what everyone is telling me. BUT the power supply I'm using, for some reason when I turn it on we loose tv reception (we have an aerial booster plugged into a power point) the PSU is on a different circuit though. Could this all be caused by a crappy ground in the PSU. I'm going to change it tomorrow but if I knew that's what it was I'd sleep slit better.

Benslights

Dedicated elf
what speed are you running my balls at??? as I had them running at 2400 but then added 120 more and had to change it to 2100 to delete the flickering. also have you injected power???