Panel Controller (all types)

uncledan

Full time elf
Generous elf
Joined
Dec 27, 2014
Messages
245
Location
Buellton California
Great stand alone product to drive some panels Alec! Finally made my enclosure for the panels and got this fired up tonight. My 3x4 P10 Tune To sign was the last piece of the puzzle and this made it happen. Thanks Alec
 

roo

Full time elf
Joined
May 9, 2014
Messages
181
Location
Mirrabooka
Sorry must not be getting this right. I choose 16 in the size for one panel, scan 8 for p10 and 16x16 in size up the top. Now I save it onto the usb and get nothing showing up on it. What else do I do to set it up
 

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
Joined
May 4, 2010
Messages
1,282
Location
Murray Bridge, S.A.
roo said:
Sorry must not be getting this right. I choose 16 in the size for one panel, scan 8 for p10 and 16x16 in size up the top. Now I save it onto the usb and get nothing showing up on it. What else do I do to set it up



After a couple of help sessions,
it was realized that more clearer documentation is needed,
But all working in the end ;)
 

Boof63

Senior elf
Joined
Nov 7, 2011
Messages
585
Location
Kadina
Hi Alec, have the controllers at home thankyou, but where do i find the Udisk software,
have googled without success,
Cheers Boof63 :-[
 

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
Joined
May 4, 2010
Messages
1,282
Location
Murray Bridge, S.A.
Boof63 said:
Hi Alec, have the controllers at home thankyou, but where do i find the Udisk software,
have googled without success,
Cheers Boof63 :-[
the latest software is only available after you purchase, in the downloads section on my site..
(its the easyest way to keep the latest version an tell everyone when there is a new version)
 

Boof63

Senior elf
Joined
Nov 7, 2011
Messages
585
Location
Kadina
Sorry SmartAlec, didnt realiise i need to login to your web site to the the software,
Have done so and will have a play on the weekend,
thanks Boof63 :D
 

JonD

New elf
Joined
Jan 5, 2017
Messages
24
Location
Charlestown
Got my card in the mail about a week ago and finally got my p10 panels in the mail tonight. have spent the evening trying to work it all out but have run into a few issues: 1 my panels that i got from Ray had a different rib sequence to the basic setting so a quick look down the list and i had the correct one.
now my main issue that i can't solve no matter what i have tried is i can have the lettering show in correct RGB with everything running as it should however as soon as i try to add something special (border, effect, pic, gif, swf) the image goes haywire with random colours in the back i will attach a few pics to show what i have.
has anyone had any trouble with this before? and if so what am i missing?
thanks in advance :D


Jon
 

Attachments

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
Joined
May 4, 2010
Messages
1,282
Location
Murray Bridge, S.A.
After a Zoom session Jon's fix was actually a computer operating system issue..
the software does'nt work correctly when writing to the usb drive when its being used in a windows emulation
tested it on a windows computer an everything worked perfectly

JonD said:
Got my card in the mail about a week ago and finally got my p10 panels in the mail tonight. have spent the evening trying to work it all out but have run into a few issues: 1 my panels that i got from Ray had a different rib sequence to the basic setting so a quick look down the list and i had the correct one.
now my main issue that i can't solve no matter what i have tried is i can have the lettering show in correct RGB with everything running as it should however as soon as i try to add something special (border, effect, pic, gif, swf) the image goes haywire with random colours in the back i will attach a few pics to show what i have.
has anyone had any trouble with this before? and if so what am i missing?
thanks in advance :D


Jon
 
Joined
Dec 18, 2018
Messages
1
Location
Ravenna, Ohio
Hey Alec,

Let me see if I got this all figured out. This is used to run pixel panels in place of a Pi or BBB? Just use the Udisk software, save it to a USB drive, download it to the controller, and run it from there? Seems like a neat idea :). Being a newbie I have a lot of questions.

Thank you in advance and cheers.
 
Top