Pasting effects from nutcracker to LSP

z_special

Full time elf
Alright. so I have watched the video's on exporting the model from nutcracker, copy and paste the file to my imports I get the import into the LSP program double click it to get it to copy to clip board and paste it to where I would like it and nothing appears. If I drag the nutcracker effect into my timing marks it appears but doesn't want to drop. Is there a limitation as to how big of a model I can export from nutcracker and import in LSP...
Or is it a version problem I am using the current xlights/nutcracker with the current LSP my model is a 24 universe pixel tree....yes maybe over kill but wow if it works

Zane

arw01

Full time elf
I have not tried it yet, but Tom has one set up with the 50 millisecond timing all ready there. A big paste like that could take a good while as well.

Try something much smaller to get the feel for it.

Lost sol

New elf
I am having issues with this as well. I created all my effects for a matrix in xlights, converted it for LSP, get it into my patterns and copy but when I paste nothing shows up. I did it last year with no problem but they were much smaller files so I am also wondering if there is a limit.

arw01

Full time elf
Running thread on Facebook for this, the file from export is 1.9gb, I suspect that is massively too big.

One question is do you really need a 20 frame per second effect? I am not sure if the export would respect a 100ms timing and do it at that frame rate instead, would cut down the data by a factor of 4 I believe.

dale82

Senior elf
have you tried something a bit smaller? if not as a trouble shooter I would try it, I had no Problems last year exporting 10 universes

Lost sol

New elf
A smaller file works great. It just seems that the large file won't work. I'm just going to use an older version of xlights and do it like I did last year.

z_special

Full time elf
LostSol, I tried for hours trying to get it to work and gave up so I am using xlights this year and imported from LSP to Xlights but had some difficulty with this. I had trouble getting xlights to have the same look as LSP when creating a new sequence for arches. I have watched a few video's but in the end I sequenced in LSP and then imported into xlights. Maybe as I play with the xlights software some more things will clear up for me. I just was in a time crunch do reno's in a house and building new elements(pixel tree) for the yard.

Zane

PS I have been in contact with Mrchristmas 2000 and we are going to put our heads together after the holiday season.. Sorry for the late response