pi-pixel

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
BundyRoy said:
Don't leave us hanging........... What happened last time???
They kept putting my order to the back of the line, every time there was a small issue (no-one is perfect)
so they delayed the boards from even being made for like a month..

So i will be trying a different board house.. I just hope the prices are similar in the end
as i have lots of boards to be sent off an some will be pre-made(smd) for the other projects

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Thanks Alec. I just looked at your post again and realised I had read it wrong I thought it said "Last time I used that board house" (sort of like last time I was at band camp). That's why I thought there was more to a story. Totally different meaning and much clearer when I take off the d and read what was actually there. Need to read a little slower so my brain can take it in.

SmartAlecLights

Keeping everyone posted..

Seeed sent the boards but there not V-cut..

meaning there totaly useless , esp since that was the original issue i was having with them about the design

unless you cut the boards out of the panel yourself.. (so not worth it)

Im currently waiting to see what they say, but this is the last time i use them to make the boards.

Sorry for the Delay, but there is no chance of them being ready for the mini's now.

Will Keep letting people know what happens, as i find out whats going to happen..

SmartAlecLights

gerry said:
No worries ... good things come to those who wait ... :)

Well depending on the outcome from Seeed an PayPal.
I could be offering the Panels at cost price for those interested
(just means cutting them yourself, but you would get 5 pixel-pi boards an the 6th one can add a clock to it)

I will try a rush a order with the New board house,
(hopefully this does'nt change the price too much)

SmartAlecLights

Well i decided to get the dremel out an cut up one of the boards
Here is the outcome
(Besides all the dust from cutting they turned out ok)
13096318_1167618833249848_449795948976382674_n.jpg

So i had to build the 2 versions
Back View
13076849_1167623123249419_8629098513510965347_n.jpg

The normal pixel-pi
13094335_1167623136582751_4729245811663310071_n.jpg

The pixel-pi with rtc clock
13082597_1167625539915844_5959486298036208927_n.jpg

The panel has 5 pixel-pi's an 1 pixel-pi with clock
At a wholesale cost of $6 for the panel (where you dremel the boards) {bargain}

Im currently still in talks with the new board house to supply proper boards for this interest thread

battle79

Full time elf
Alec,

I need to add this board and the audio card also, any chance of building one with pins through the top to continue to next expansion card.

Also for anyone who knows, does the expansion audio card use the same pin as the normal audio? I.e. if I use the direct WS2811 output does that cancel out the audio on the expansion card also?

So many questions, so little time. ;-)

Regards,
Rowan

SmartAlecLights

battle79 said:
Alec,

I need to add this board and the audio card also, any chance of building one with pins through the top to continue to next expansion card.

Also for anyone who knows, does the expansion audio card use the same pin as the normal audio? I.e. if I use the direct WS2811 output does that cancel out the audio on the expansion card also?

So many questions, so little time. ;-)

Regards,
Rowan

whats a expansion audio card.. do you have a link..? ive never herd of it before.. as the rasp pi allready had built in sound

battle79

Full time elf
Alec,
This is the link to the unit I got. Same one that many of the forum members as Falcon ended up getting to improve the audio quality from the Pi. Bass is much improved and no more buzz!

http://www.sainsmart.com/sainsmart-hifi-dac-audio-sound-card-module-i2s-interface-for-raspberry-pi-2-b.html/

I'm hoping to use this and have direct outputs. Seems to have a trace from pin 12, so I think I will only be able to use the second WS281X output. This kind of makes sense as this is the output that causes audio to be disabled in the FPP software. Haven't checked if it disables both outputs yet.

Cheers,
Rowan

SmartAlecLights

battle79 said:
Alec,
This is the link to the unit I got. Same one that many of the forum members as Falcon ended up getting to improve the audio quality from the Pi. Bass is much improved and no more buzz!

http://www.sainsmart.com/sainsmart-hifi-dac-audio-sound-card-module-i2s-interface-for-raspberry-pi-2-b.html/

I'm hoping to use this and have direct outputs. Seems to have a trace from pin 12, so I think I will only be able to use the second WS281X output. This kind of makes sense as this is the output that causes audio to be disabled in the FPP software. Haven't checked if it disables both outputs yet.

Cheers,
Rowan

when i had bad bass an humming.. i got a new transmitter, no issues since..
sadly that site does'nt offer what pins it use's.
an the pin's used are a FPP feature an cant be changed to my knowledge.
sorry about that mate..
i do know there are header pins (used on arduino's that have the socket an extra long pin's but you will need to use alot of them, as getting the 2x20 standed header pins was a hard task)

Hopes that helps