PIXAD8 Testing and Production Notes ...

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
If you're looking for an actual distance, I think it's generally agreed that 1 to 2 metres between the controller and first pixel should be ok. Shorter is better. As usual YMMV and all that. :)

j1sys

There are no rules, and those are the rules.
OK -

It looks like the hardware is stable. I've worked the last 5 days to get the software to at least a testing and shippable status.

Today we tested all the units needed to fulfill orders that have been invoiced and paid (you know who you are).

They will ship out tomorrow (Wednesday 7/13 USA Time). The shipping software will automatically send out a shipment advisory email.

We will then send out invoices to all others who have ordered in the past week and ship upon payment receipt.

We will be posting some preliminary documentation and software files tomorrow.

There is still a lot of software features to test and add and they should be available by the time most of you receive your hardware.

-Ed

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
Ed dropped into chat tonight (here) while on his way to church. The update was: "multicast fixed and uploaded. round-robin delay fixed. flickering last pixel (sometimes) finally found and fixed. just about done with effects. should finish today. includes RGB-xxx, nulls, repeats, reverse."

j1sys

There are no rules, and those are the rules.
i'm not going to make a post every day saying check our site.

for right now, i'm probably updating something about pixad8 everyday. so please check frequently.

newest version of the user's guide just published.

-Ed