Pixel Circle PCB (6 RGB LEDs)

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
I will be getting bare boards from China again soon. If there's interest I can get boards made for these RGB circles.

There's only a few parts to solder. Just the WS2803, 6 RGB LEDs, a resistor and a capacitor.

I'm not offering a group buy on all the parts, just offering the boards. I will have to leave it up to someone else to offer a group buy.

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
great idea, the second video with the extra light helped see what it was doing.
you said it can fit into a drain cap, now what idea are you toying with to put a lid on it? coro?

toodle_pipsky

Minister of Silly Walks
This would be perfect to light up the 2 blowmolds I'm going to make my tune to sign out of, but I've got to put it together?? . . . UUUGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH I didn't ever want to have to solder ever again!!!! (sorry being lazy :D )

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
The circle PCB can control each of the six RGB LEDs individually, so would be somewhat wasted inside a blowmold.

All you really need for that is a couple of RGB modules, either of the 6803/2801 pixel type or the even cheaper DC type. The DC ones could be used with 3 spare channels of a standard DC controller.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
Harrisonk said:
Do you have an aprox Price for these David?

As per my prior post:
At this stage, I'd estimate the parts cost to be around $4 for the PCB, 6 RGB LEDs, driver chip, resistor and capacitor. This is assuming the PCBs are bought in at least 100 quantity.

As for the bare board (no components), I think they worked out to be approx $2 each.

toodle_pipsky

Minister of Silly Walks
David_AVD said:
The circle PCB can control each of the six RGB LEDs individually, so would be somewhat wasted inside a blowmold.

All you really need for that is a couple of RGB modules, either of the 6803/2801 pixel type or the even cheaper DC type. The DC ones could be used with 3 spare channels of a standard DC controller.

I was just going to use a plain white light, not even controlled. I just thought these would be a little different. Just creating more work for myself. :)

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
Just checked again and the bare boards would be $2.50 each by the time I add in freight, etc. I will need to get 100 pieces minimum though and I don't want to wear the cost of unsold boards.