Pixel Data Regeneration?

Giles1

Giles
Generous elf
This is my first year for Pixel Lights. I’ve now got Lights, a Controller and 3 power supplies. Now I just need to master the software, finish planning my display, while also factoring in Power injection, as well as not exceeding initial cables lengths for Data and then I just need to build everything!!

Which leads me to my question.
For at least one run, I think my lights will be more than 4 metres away from my Controller, so I’ll need to think about a “Null Pixel’ or other type of regenerator. I was just reading the “AusChristmasLighting - 101 Reference for Everyone”, which covers this issue. I don’t really want to cut off a Pixels from one of my brand new Strings, just to make a Null Pixel, so I was interested in the J1SYS ECG-PPX that was mentioned (Page 60). However, it appears the Hyperlink isn’t working and even when I add the address directly to my Browser, the Site still doesn’t come up. I even tried searching for “J1SYS ECG-PPX” on Google, but with no success.

So I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction for what options I would have for different types of Pixel Data regenerators.

Thanks in advance. :)

Ralphyf1

Full time elf
from my Falcon I go up to 11m using cat5 to the first pixel with no problems. Going from one pixel string to the next however I can only get about 3m without a null pixel. Hope that helps

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
I can get about 10m from controller to first pixel, both 5v and 12v. I suggest maybe trial and error first? If it doesn't work as it should, then look into nulls as required.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
A null pixel can be as simple as just using a cut out pixel from a string as the signal from each pixel regenerates the data and then either just covering it with black tape or allocating it as a null pixel in the software or the controller. Generally the distance away from the controller will vary between users based of a many factors, so with 4 metres then I would try without a null pixel first and then see if you need it. What also may work on the bench may vary when installed due to the added interference from when the show is running