Pixel Sequencing Software

dfullerptown

New elf
I apologize now for asking but........
I am converting slowly to RGB lights we built a 16 strand 50 pixel 180 degree tree last year and was
so happy with the effects xlights gave us I want to change our arch's, spiral mega tree and our mini trees to RGB lights next year...

However I would like to be able to program the elements like we can with the LOR software and run the sequences with the same program.
I really don't want to program in LOR and convert to run in Xlights, Vixen etc is there a software package out there that we can use to program and run the sequences...... I was looking at LSP but reading here there may be some issues going on there so not to excited spending money and not having support down the road, I cant see spending the money LOR wants to run the needed channels.

So looking at some of the videos I am wondering what everyone is using to program their RGB lights.

wishing everyone health and happiness and
MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR

Dennis
Pacifica CA

keithsw1111

Senior elf
What is it you can do in LOR that you cant do in xlights or using FPP?

From what I can understand the hardware shimmer and the physical trigger inputs xLights cant do. FPP can do the latter but not shimmer.

I do pixels, dumb rgb and store bought lights ... all in xLights.

relxerd

New elf
Dennis,

It is just as easy to sequence your AC channels in XLights as it is in LOR... In LOR you're sequencing to a single channel. In Xlights you are sequencing to a model (or group of channels). If you want to sequence "like" that in Xlights, you can. You just create your model of your arches, mini trees, and spiral trees. Then you add in to your sequence. Double click on the model and you can go down to the string level (or channel level as in LOR) Use the "ON" effect and you can then sequence like you do in LOR.

But, it's actually easier to sequence using the Single Strand, Bars, and Spiral effect. Learning how to do that is pretty easy. I actually find it is faster to sequence in Xlights compared to LOR. A sequence in Xlights takes me around 10-12 hours to complete. In LOR it was much longer, around 20-25 hours.

dfullerptown

New elf
Had a chance to play with xlights and Thanks for the advise we will definitely try and learn the software
next few weeks to months

Hope all have a great holiday and new year

Boof63

Senior elf
Hi , was a HLS user and loved ity , took a little time to get away from node thinking, but wouldn't go back, somethings can be done neater at node level but audience cant distinguish the difference between node v model, so i would go xlights, have a play, fist few songs i'm sure you will redo as you get tricker with the xl layers that allow endless possibilities.
a quick way to learm is to choose some elements/models and use autofill, Zyou can scroll through them and see how they are setup and use the ones you like as you learn,
Cheers Boof63