Pixel Universes for House Outline

tbateson

New elf
OK, it's me again. I'm learning fast but now I'm at a bit of a loss at setting up the Networks Universes for my house outline. A tree was easy as each run is of equal # of pixels. Not so much for the house outline. Attached is my house depicting each strip of RGBs and each pixel count. I now need advice on breaking it up into networks Universes.

Attachments

• House_Pixel_Count.jpg
    House_Pixel_Count.jpg
    301.9 KB · Views: 76

lizardking

IT IS STILL ALL BENS FAULT
Re: Pixel Networks for House Outline

tbateson said:
OK, it's me again. I'm learning fast but now I'm at a bit of a loss at setting up the Networks for my house outline. A tree was easy as each run is of equal # of pixels. Not so much for the house outline. Attached is my house depicting each strip of RGBs and each pixel count. I now need advice on breaking it up into networks.
what controller are you using if its a single universe per output controller you will have 170 pixels per output so the 75 pixel uprights you can put 2 on one output what software are you using also that will make answering these answers easier

tbateson

New elf
My bad - guess I'm up too late. Meant to ask about # of Universes not Networks.

Controllers are 1 AlphaPix™ 16 and 1 AlphaPix™ 4
Programming in LOR

Habbosrus

Back again
You've got the best part of 9 universes in pixel count (1504 pixels ÷ 170 = 8.85 ).
You will need to work out where you are going to mount your controllers if only using 2. A quick look at your house would suggest the Alphapix 16 catering to the front of your house and the 4 catering to the right hand side (garage by the looks of it). Just one suggestion. Alphapix details suggest 32 universes out of 16 outputs. Length of runs may cause a little issue but should be ok with power injection. Does that help? I'm sure more knowledgeable members will assist with better suggestions.