Pixel Vendor

TitusCarnathan

New elf
I am not sure if anybody heard of Adva Technologies or not.

<blockquote>I found another pixel vendor http://www.advatechnologies.com/
Their Pixels are SM16716 5V Black Wire.
They also have dumb strings as well as Pixel and Regular RGB controllers.
I got a test string from them and I did a small waterproof test to them and the string still works.

They are a bit expensive $60 for a 50ct string I am going with other vendors because of the price. </blockquote>

neilric99

Full time elf
I have been doing some research as well and the Guys name is Luke De Vincentis and looks like he does a display for the [/size]Oxley College/Life Ministry Church property in Melbourne’s outer eastern suburbs [/size] http://www.LMClights.org

they seem to have put together a great solution with controllers and rgb pixels strings. The pricing is not bad at all for what they offer.

ltay13

Full time elf
Community project designer
I'm Luke Taylor (the other person that does this display and running Advatek) along with Luke De Vincentis.

I'm new here but if you have any questions I'd be more than happy to answer (assuming that's OK with the forum rules).

ltay13

Full time elf
Thanks I appreciate that.

We have tried to design our gear thinking about what we would want when using it in our own display. We have a couple of features that I think might be popular when people find out about them.

For instance, instead of driving Pixels purely with SACN, we have added DMX to our Pixel controllers as well. This way you can have one program such as Madrix creating some cool effects on the Pixels, and use a normal sequencer to control the Madrix containers (as is common) but also have a dimming overlay on the pixel strings.

For instance replacing a mega tree with pixel strings - you can use your existing intensity channels in your sequences to keep a really tightly timed megatree, but add the cool effects of pixel using some other software. Essentially taking advantage of the power of pixel control without losing the basics (standard dimming).

However this is just our opinion of what is useful. What do you guys think, would you use it? We are more than happy to take suggestions or even problems to try and come up with solutions for.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
They are nice looking boards as David said. I may have missed it but I couldn't see how much the pixel boards were on your site and what protocol pixels they drive. Being Melbourne based I also hope that you're planning on getting to the lighting mini expo somewhere around mid year.

Alan

ltay13

Full time elf
You should be able to see prices in the shop area (http://www.advateklights.com/shop/).

The mini expo is in Sydney, right? I think I have read about it briefly before but don't have much knowledge of it really.

Protocols we can currently drive are SM16716 and WS8201 but we are adding more right now. If you have any you would like to request then reply here and we will get it done, we will just need to buy some samples of the strings for testing first. At the moment we are adding in the TLS3001 because we are going to use that in our next gen of strings to allow for gamma correction (because it is a 12 bit IC).

AAH

At the moment I'd say that >90% of the pixels floating around and being purchased are either 2801 or 2811.

AAH

I forgot to mention it before but there are a bunch of minis Australia wide. Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney, Perth and Adelaide all had ones in 2012. They're all still in the early planning stages for 2013 and presenters with knowledge of any facet of lighting are welcome at all of them.

ltay13

Full time elf
Absolutely interested. Couldn't find a forum area dedicated to it but I assume I'll notice threads about it when they start getting organised, unless there is a dedicated page somewhere?