Pixels all white when powered on

SantaClaws

Apprentice elf
Part of my display has developed a fault - when 8 LED strings on a roof are powered on, they all display white (ie all RGB pixels on).
I have disconnected the data line from the controller (Pixlite16) and just have the power injection cables connected, but that has made no difference, they still display white.

I have connected a small standalone controller to the strings and the inbuilt sequence works ok for most of the LEDs, but those not addressed still show white.
(As you will realise, time is running out).

Please tell me what may be causing this.

scamper

Dedicated elf
Nothing wrong with them, Some pixels will come on all white until they get data.
So disconnecting the data is not going to help.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
I have heard that some pixel types it's normal for them to come on either all white or random colours without a valid data input.

SantaClaws

Apprentice elf
I have heard that some pixel types it's normal for them to come on either all white or random colours without a valid data input.
Thank you, Scamper and David, for your responses.
I had spent most of yesterday checking my wiring, beacuse those strings did not used to light-up as described previously.

Anyhow, whatever it was has now been resolved. (hope it doesn't happen again, intermittently).
As the chef said "Condiments of the seasoning" to you.

This thread is now closed

JohnsRdChristmas

Full time elf
Iv got a string i got at a mini and when powered on turn blue, thought might have been a dodgy nodes or connection so cut up the bunch and used for other things and all the nodes seem to do it, must be some sorta test mode or something, but work fine and colours seem to match the other ray nodes when data is sent,