Pixels Assigning Backwards

Chris

New elf
So I am giving my first go at a mega tree. I am using 12V Pixels off of a falcon differential receiver. I have 12, 50 node strings arranged in groups of 4 using the first three outputs on the receiver. The last will be used for either another set of 4 strings or a star later down the line. the issue I am running into is that the 2nd and 3rd group of pixels are assigning themselves in the wrong order. The first 4 work fine, the next four are backwards - what should bring string 5 is lighting up for string 8. I have string 5 connected directly to port 2 on the differential and then the next three string are connected together, its the last of the 4 strings connected together that lights first and works as sting 5 on xlights (when in reality it is the 8th string). The last group of four has the same issue.

The obvious work around is to physically rearrange the 2nd and third groups so that they light in the correct order but that seems like a one time fix instead of solving the route of the issue. What am I missing here? I have checked the pixels and I am going the correct way with the data. I am doing nothing different with the first group of four that is behaving properly. I tried as both a mega tree model in xlights and as setting up 12 individual strands. Both ways they light up out of order. It makes no sense to me but I must be missing a stupid issue.

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
Have a look at the pixel string connection to the differential receiver. PT1 is at bot left, PT2 is at top left, PT3 is at bot right and PT4 use at top right. Make sure you haven't plugged in string 3 onto PT2 and string 2 into PT3.
Cheers Bazzy

Chris

New elf
Thanks Bazzy, they are in the correct ports, let me explain it a different way. I have stings of 50 nodes connected together running out of port 2. When I go into xlights and run a sequence on the first set of 50, it is the last set of 50, or the last string in the set of 4 that actually lights. They then continue in that backwards function.

In the mega tree, it is only the 2nd and 3rd set of four stings that act this way. The set of four strings coming out of Port 1 function correctly, the first string in the set of 4, lights when I run a sequence on string 1.

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
Ok, how about your starting position in xLights for those strings? Green Square/Blue Square all good?

orchidman33

Full time elf
How have you setup your tree in the lay out?
I have a Flat tree, OK not quite what you have, but here is how mine is setup.
I have 5 strings of 200 with 4 strands per string
1605927733997.png