pixels from one prop universe showing up on another prop universe in xlights

MYKJ

New elf
pixels from one prop universe showing up on another prop universe in xlights
so im really new to xlights , i really want to change over this year , i have been trying for the last two seasons , but getting flustered
im using a holiday coro alphapix 16 board ,,, on some basic trees and arches and roof lines , one set of lights from one universe say universe 1 "im only running 200 pixels per universe no more ""are showing up on universe 2 and so on i have checked all my connections nothing shorted my universes are set up a 1 string with 200 pixel's trees are kinda same way 1 string of 200 with 8 strads listed to prop , but the universe bleed thru is killing me ,

MikeKrebs

Full time elf
Run Tools/check sequence. It will tell you about problems in your setup.

I think xLights can configure the AlphaPix for you. On the controller tab, click on visualizer. Drop your props on the controller ports.

If you visit the xLights zoom room, they can square this away in a few minutes. (Go to the xlights main page and look for the zoom room link.)

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
one universe say universe 1 "im only running 200 pixels
In case our terminology is getting mixed up.
1 universe = 512 channels
1 RGB pixel = 3 channels
512 channels / 3 channels per pixel = 170.66 pixels
1 universe = 170x pixels = 510 channels.

If you're setting universe 1 to port 1 on your controller and universe 2 to port 2 and setting 200x pixels to port one then the extra 30x pixel data will be sent out on port 2 as well.

Check with the controller manufacturer to see how many pixels you can set on each port

As @MikeKrebs says, see if you can set up the ports in xlights via the visualiser and push the configuration from xlights to the controller for you. And also jump into the zoom room and one of the gurus there will be able to walk you through and explain things better than I think I have done.

MYKJ

New elf
Thanks that helps. For some reason I thought that the 512 was actually the node count .