Pixels will not Sequence

garyjac1

Apprentice elf
G'Day All,

Here's the outline of my problem.

I set up some RGB sequences with LightShowPro (Ver 2.5) about 7 months ago and put them aside.

I took a few hours today to get out the lights (and my diagrams from back then) and physically set up a couple of strings of RGB pixels.

Two RGB strings of RGB pixels with 100 pixels in each.
Set as universes 1 and 2 on a ECG-P12R
Hardware config: Type: WS2801 Speed:1000kbps Uni 1 - Start Slot 1 - Pixel Count 100
Type:WS2801 SPeed:1000kbps Uni 2 - Start Slot 1 - Pixel Count 100

Both unis set active in hardware and test pattern runs correctly identifying each universe by relevant number of white pixels (one and two respectively)

In sequencing software [LSP v2.5] (Configure Controller Output Plugin)

E1.31 Config Wizard: Uni 1 Start: 1 Size: 300
Uni 2 Start:301 Size: 300

...both set Active

In the LSP software I set up a simple "shimmer" effect across all 200 pixels for about 5 secs to check the setup and ... you guessed it ... no lights...

To add injury to insult, when I load up a sequence from a few months ago, and change NOTHING in the E1.31 setup or in the hardware config, I get a light show. Admittedly, not entirely correct, since the uni config is a little different, but still, a light show, that has recognisable resemblance to the old sequence (e.g. a spiral pattern for a tree).

Aaaaaaargghhhhh!! Clearly, this has to be something obvious and simple, but I need an external pair of eyes to point out the stupid bit.

All suggestions gratefully accepted.

Regards,
Gary

garyjac1

Apprentice elf
In the sequencer software, the strings start at 1 and 301 respectively, that's the E1.31 configuration that's a plugin for the LSP V2.5 software. In the hardware config on the ECGP12R board that's actual pixels 1 to 100.

garyjac1

Apprentice elf
I do, this is exactly the configuration approach published in the manual and which I have used before. The confusing thing is that it does nothing with a new sequence but does work with older sequences?