Pixicles anyone?

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
Task: Waste 3 hours one afternoon after Graham, a member here, had left after having a chat.

Tools: 150 2801 pixels, PIXAD8 with 5V supply, 3 meters of plastic fencing, 60 cable ties, Vixen 2.1 and 30 minutes of tweaking of the display

Result: you be the judge ::)

http://youtu.be/WLSfyMPR68A

cenote

Suburbs of Philadelphia
Nice...can't wait till I can start playing. Holding out for a few month's till LOR releases us the e1.31 protocol. Just got a new beta tonight...things are looking promising ;)

Edit: :-X

Robbo

Full time elf
cenote said:
Nice...can't wait till I can start playing. Holding out for a few month's till LOR releases us the e1.31 protocol. Just got a new beta tonight...things are looking promising ;)

can you shed any light on what is in the new beta? in the LOR sections preferably?

Bevo

Let your Light Shine before men
Looking good, I love the meteor shower effect.

I had a lot of people comment on the Kmart ones I had up around the place.

JPB

Full time elf
Very nice, I have been thinking about how to use pixels to replicate icicles and your idea of using plastic fencing is brilliant.

Jon

Karob

Let there be Light!
Fantastic effect, What is the spacing on the plastic fence as I had also thought about the effect of pixicles but the fence idea sounds like a smart way of doing it.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
I like the coloured icicle effect. Is it possible to have mixed colours at the same time but not have the "drop" change colour during the fall? (like they are independent sprites)

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Very nice effect these would make along the gutter, but at a price as these would chew up the channels and pixels. Now how do I go about selling my first born :eek:

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
David_AVD said:
I like the coloured icicle effect. Is it possible to have mixed colours at the same time but not have the "drop" change colour during the fall? (like they are independent sprites)

Very easy, but I simply overlayed the earlier color swipes and the icicles then a random effect over the icicles to easily program them for the demo in Vixen. When I finalise the design I'll create a library for LSP of effects like a snow which fills up from the bottom, color icicles, effects which really make the most of the shape of the icicles on the house.

Benslights

Dedicated elf
job well done Lithgow so many effects in one item. makes the money side of it go further love it